Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Office 2004 -> rollback to v.X OK?

Office 2004 -> rollback to v.X OK?
Preciousss
Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2005, 06:01 PM

I have an Office 2004 Upgrade disc, but before I take the plunge I wanted to be sure about the following:

- If I decide that I don't like it, can I rollback to v.X with little to no hassle and problems? I'm thinking of any weird incompatibilities that may crop up across the different versions.

- Would this be done by uninstalling Office, then just reinstalling v.X?

- Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks for your help.

MartiNZ
Senior User
Jan 19, 2005, 10:03 PM

You could even just have both of them installed I think, i.e. just reinstall v.X after running the upgrade on the installed version. I find the font smoothing was nicer in v.X ... in fact a lot was ... but Excel has some nice new features in 2004, and they even work properly ... after you've run the subsequent 2004 service pack 1 upgrade that is.

typ993
Jan 20, 2005, 12:49 PM

I'd highly recommend using 2004 with SP1. This is much more stable than v.X. As an added plus, I've found that 2004 even fixes some file corruption that prevents a file from opening on the 2003 PC version.

Forum Links
Forum Rules