Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Deleting an updated Firmware

Deleting an updated Firmware
YongHeun
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2002, 08:43 PM

Is there anyone who knows how to delete recently update firmware to reupdate this firmware? A few days ago, I updated the firmware( 4.18) of my pismo. Even though an message that the firmware was successfully updated was followed by my 4.18 firmware update, a problem that had not existed before came up-I posted this problem in this forum. As a way to solve this problem, I want to try to delete this updated firmware.

Sword of Orion
Forum Regular
Feb 27, 2002, 05:36 PM

To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to delete a firmware update, other than to put a more recent update on top of it. I don't know about the Pismo, but on towers and cubes that 4.1.8 update caused a lot of problems with the system being unable to recognize 3rd party RAM sticks. There is a freeware program somewhere on the internet that will cause the system to recognize the "missing" RAM, if that's what your problem is. I think it's called "DIMM First Aid" or something like that. Try searching these forums for the words "firmware" and "RAM"...

Forum Links
Forum Rules