Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > I want to but a Combo Drive for my eMac, where is the best place to buy one?

I want to but a Combo Drive for my eMac, where is the best place to buy one?
Kon-El
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2002, 12:48 PM

Hello All,

All thw Combo Drives I have found for about $100 at pricewatch.com only say that they are Windows compatible. Where can I get a Mac compatible to put in my eMac? Thanks in advance for any help!
In Christ,
Deacon Nikolai
http://nstanosheck.wordpress.com

GetSome681
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2002, 07:19 PM

Originally posted by Kon-El:
Hello All,

All thw Combo Drives I have found for about $100 at pricewatch.com only say that they are Windows compatible. Where can I get a Mac compatible to put in my eMac? Thanks in advance for any help!
They might work with the mac as well. Check out xlr8yourmac for compatibility...that people with your comp have actually experienced.

http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/drived....drivedb.lasso

Also, you may not want to narrow the search down to just the eMac. It more than likely that if it worked in let's say a Quicksilver or agp pmac it will prob work in your eMac too. I might be wrong on that, but I'm pretty positive. Anyways, give it a look.

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 3, 2002, 02:00 PM

Originally posted by GetSome681:

They might work with the mac as well. Check out xlr8yourmac for compatibility...that people with your comp have actually experienced.

http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/drived....drivedb.lasso

Also, you may not want to narrow the search down to just the eMac. It more than likely that if it worked in let's say a Quicksilver or agp pmac it will prob work in your eMac too. I might be wrong on that, but I'm pretty positive. Anyways, give it a look.
Definitely do not try this. It is an ignorant approach and very likely will land you with a non-working drive. Go firewire - external. Much more flexible.

Also: Do not buy from OWC. If it doesn't work, and you wish to get a refund, they keep 15% as a "restocking fee".

GetSome681
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 3, 2002, 02:20 PM

Originally posted by spacefreak:

Definitely do not try this. It is an ignorant approach and very likely will land you with a non-working drive. Go firewire - external. Much more flexible.

Also: Do not buy from OWC. If it doesn't work, and you wish to get a refund, they keep 15% as a "restocking fee".
Yeah, it seems very IGNORANT to look up and see what experiences people have had upgrading THEIR EMACS to find out what you should put in yours. VERY IGNORANT!

I don't think there's another soul on these forums that will tell you that the info provided at xlr8yourmac is IGNORANT!!

Go away goon.

Forum Links
Forum Rules