Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone with 15" PB Lid/screen warp issues?

Anyone with 15" PB Lid/screen warp issues?
Sirfishalot
Nov 5, 2003, 02:21 AM

Just got my 15Alum back from Apple for LCD repair, only took 2 days and no more white spots! Whohoo.
But, I also have a lid that has a very noticeable gap on both ends. More so on one side (about 1/8" to almost 3/16"). That was not repaired. When I spoke to tech support the guy was telling me that it may be that this is within manufacturing tolerances and therefore would not warrant repair. He suggested taking the machine to an authorized Apple repair place local or an Apple store to have them look at it to see if they think it is within tolerance prior to sending it back in so I wouldn't have to be without the machine. It does still latch OK, but I worry if this will become more of a problem over time.
Anybody else have a lid/screen issue like this?

rolleyes:

mRacic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2003, 08:56 PM

Recently I've noticed that the whole body of the PowerBook is slightly warped which isn't noticeable when I look at it, but when I compare it with the desk it rests on, two opposite corners are slightly lifted up from the desktop. When I close the screen lid, it's clearly visible that the spacing between the lid and computer body isn't the same all round: front side of the lid (where the release button is located) is tight as it should be (around 1 mm) while on both sides the warp goes from completely tight to 2-3 mm gap (computer body is warped in an arc-shape). It's not a big trouble right now, but I wonder if that may cause more trouble later on?

I have PB 17" 1 GHz...

Forum Links
Forum Rules