Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Pure tastelessness

Pure tastelessness
Randman
Posting Junkie
Sep 3, 2008, 06:57 AM

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...e/#post3718127

Then the poster (I'm tempted to post something stronger) defends being a prick by saying he hates cats.

WTF, why did he post?

I reported it and nothing from the moderators. I'm dead serious here but if he's not perma-banned from this site, I will never come back even in scanning mode.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 3, 2008, 09:38 AM

Unfortunately, tastelessness is not something the mods seem to bother with.

I will never understand why that kind of serious crap remains, but people get temp bans for using the word "idiot".

-t

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 3, 2008, 11:33 AM

Feel free to un-bitch.

calverson
Mac Elite
Sep 3, 2008, 01:32 PM

No threads about other members - Randman (Infraction, please)

So, am I getting an infraction for my response to moonmonkey, apparently, located in the thread that Randman links to.

Which of the rules did I break? To my knowledge "prick" is not a swear word, and if it is, then there are MANY people that require to recieve infractions.

I am not sure how my message is offensive. It is a matter of viewpoint, and deciding what is offensive or not based on an unpublished set of rules or maxims is facist.

There have been threads about many other things that other people could find offensive, and many posts that have equaled, if not surpassed my posts which have gone unhandled.

Your rule:

Remain civil. While we don't censor based on your point of view, you must present your views in a civil manner.

It is MY POINT OF VIEW that if you get a thread that has 30 people giving their condolences to a person who has lost a non-sentient animal - and then there is a picture of something which COMPLETELY goes against everything anyone else has been saying - is really damn funny.

Who are you to judge what is funny and what is not? There is a thread named "Redneck" that is completely stereotypically degrading of a certain class of people - but no one really cares because it doesn't offend them.

But when there is something that they find offensive, it becomes tasteless?

And under what authority can you undermine my sense of humor?

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 3, 2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by calverson View Post
No threads about other members - Randman (Infraction, please)
lulz

This guy is a pro.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 3, 2008, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by calverson View Post
It is MY POINT OF VIEW that if you get a thread that has 30 people giving their condolences to a person who has lost a non-sentient animal - and then there is a picture of something which COMPLETELY goes against everything anyone else has been saying - is really damn funny.
I think your funny is broken, take it in to a FRS (funny repair shop) as soon as possible.

Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 3, 2008, 01:48 PM

Alright, I suppose I'll get serious for a second, but it's general courtesy not to take a giant **** in threads where members are sharing their personal losses.

Second, you're trying to cover your bases and completely undermining your position by doing so.
Either you were trying to be funny, at which point you didn't realize you were choosing the wrong audience for the joke,
or
You were just sharing your opinion, in which case you did it in the poorest fashion possible.

Either way your judgement sucks.

Demonhood
Administrator
Sep 3, 2008, 02:30 PM

wait, cats are non-sentient? since when? i'll be sure to tell my table that, he'll get a good laugh out of it.

you used offensive language, you attempted to derail a topic, and you ended up amusing only yourself (with your "humor).

Forum Links
Forum Rules