Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > New mBack external hard drive secures to back of iMac, Apple monitors

New mBack external hard drive secures to back of iMac, Apple monitors
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Sep 4, 2013, 04:03 PM

Accessory maker mLogic has launched a new external hard drive for Macs, the mBack. Unusually, the mBack can secure to the cord port on the back on an iMac or an Apple monitor, freeing up desk space. The drive still leaves enough space for the host device's power cable to run through.

The mBack itself is bus-powered and USB 3.0-compatible. Three capacities are available: 500GB costs $100, while 1TB is $150, and 2TB is $260. The company is selling the drive via its website.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Sep 5, 2013 at 01:07 AM. )

[email protected]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 4, 2013, 05:35 PM

Cool concept ridiculous price. I have lots of desk space and I can buy Seagate 4TB drive for $150 at Costco. 2TB at $260 is highway robbery.

Charles Martin
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2013, 01:06 AM

You're a Mac user, and yet you seem unfamiliar with the concept of paying for elegance and style?

It's okay, I hear ya from a practical standpoint, but if the price comes down a touch or goes on sale I could see a certain demographic going for this. Slick execution carries some weight in the Mac world.
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

macjockey
Sep 5, 2013, 08:06 AM

I have had a "zero footprint" drive connected to my iMac for over 4 years. I used velcro to attach my Time Machine drive to the back of my iMac.

Mike Wuerthele
Managing Editor
Sep 5, 2013, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by macjockey View Post
I have had a "zero footprint" drive connected to my iMac for over 4 years.
Me too. It's called "Network attached storage."

Forum Links
Forum Rules