Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Post your pictures ... (a.k.a. the ugly mug thread)

Post your pictures ... (a.k.a. the ugly mug thread) (Page 2)
mrfrost  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2001, 05:44 PM

Originally posted by Han's Hands on Leia:
<STRONG>MY GOD I am surounded by underage NERDS!
With the exception of IceEnclosure

But what did I expect on a computer forum.</STRONG>
IceEnclosure isn't the only person here that has reached the age of wisdom...but he too is a NERD !! Well , so am I a and so are you or you wouldn't even bother coming here.

Now... let's see you post a pic.

I a really enjoying this !! It's good to see the face that goes with the name !!

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 6, 2001, 07:17 PM

frost.. [grr]i'm not a nerd.. i like macintosh.. and it seems i like the people that use them as well[/grr]

ice

mrfrost  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2001, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by IceEnclosure:
<STRONG>frost.. [grr]i'm not a nerd.. i like macintosh.. and it seems i like the people that use them as well[/grr]

</STRONG>
Ah well...everybody seems to have a different definition of the word "NERD".
I didn't mean it as a bad thing dude....

georgius
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 6, 2001, 07:35 PM

Me normally...

And me after a good night...

btw...Ice, these are under 100kb...
widget.alnora.com

for macintosh gui

tinrib
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2001, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by Mr_Frost:
<STRONG>

Well....it would make things a lot easier if people killed the link of the pictures that are in the replies.

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: Mr_Frost ]</STRONG>
No it wouldn't. Uh...well maybe if the images were being displayed on different pages of the thread. But then in this thread the images 'quoted' are relevant anyway, n'est pas?

cpatubo
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 6, 2001, 09:17 PM

Well, there's a little pic of me in my sig, but here's another one...

I think this picture's a few months old. Whatever the "Age of Wisdom" is, Mr_Frost, I think I hit it too (I'm 25 in Sept)...

Oh, and on the topic of "nerds", well, I consider myself a "geek", actually.

MikeM32
Banned
Location: &quot;Joisey&quot; Home of the &quot;Guido&quot; and chicks with &quot;Big Hair&quot;
Jul 6, 2001, 10:34 PM

This ones about 3 yrs old, but I haven't changed alot looks-wise.

[img]null[/img]

Mike

shmerek
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2001, 10:57 PM

Casual wear

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: shmerek ]

nealconner
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2001, 12:08 AM

Here's a snapshot from my webcam. I won't give you the location of the actual webcam since I'm so self-concious. Lol.

Toodles.

[ 07-07-2001: Message edited by: nealconner ]

Han's Hands on Leia
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2001, 01:51 AM

Originally posted by georgius:
<STRONG>Me normally...

</STRONG>
Now THAT is not a nerd! I don't know about the underage catagory though....

"I thought they smelt bad on the outside."

mrfrost  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2001, 05:11 AM

Originally posted by cpatubo:
<STRONG>Well, there's a little pic of me in my sig, but here's another one...

http://www.cproductions.net/miscpix/cpic.jpg

I think this picture's a few months old. Whatever the "Age of Wisdom" is, Mr_Frost, I think I hit it too (I'm 25 in Sept)...

Oh, and on the topic of "nerds", well, I consider myself a "geek", actually. </STRONG>
Well...I'm 22 and I don't think I have reached the "Age of wisdom" yet. Then again...I don't think I ever will !
Anyway , here is another picture of my and my "soon to be" wife. The picture was actually taken not so long after I pruposed (Notice that incredible ring on her finger...hehe)
You can just sense the love in the air.
Oh and by the way , I am the one on the right !!! The one with the longest hair !

[ 07-07-2001: Message edited by: Mr_Frost ]

georgius
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2001, 11:00 AM

<STRONG>

Now THAT is not a nerd! I don't know about the underage catagory though.... </STRONG>
...I don't quite understand...hmmmm...
widget.alnora.com

for macintosh gui

SillyMonk
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2001, 11:08 AM

<STRONG>

Well...I'm 22 and I don't think I have reached the "Age of wisdom" yet. Then again...I don't think I ever will !
Anyway , here is another picture of my and my "soon to be" wife. The picture was actually taken not so long after I pruposed (Notice that incredible ring on her finger...hehe)
You can just sense the love in the air.
Oh and by the way , I am the one on the right !!! The one with the longest hair !

[ 07-07-2001: Message edited by: Mr_Frost ]</STRONG>
I hate to be the one to say this, but engagement rings usually go on the fourth finger of the left hand. The ring you are asking us to notice is on her right, unless the picture is swapped.

And a hearty congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I have been married for over two years and only regretted it for the first year. All the best!
My life is my argument. --Albert Schweitzer

Han's Hands on Leia
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2001, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by georgius:
<STRONG>

...I don't quite understand...hmmmm...</STRONG>
I had mentioned how most of the pictures of the people were "underage nerds" (with a few exceptions). I was complimenting you saying that you did not look at all like a nerd, but I wasn't sure about the age thing

mrfrost  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2001, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by SillyMonk:
<STRONG>

I hate to be the one to say this, but engagement rings usually go on the fourth finger of the left hand. The ring you are asking us to notice is on her right, unless the picture is swapped.

And a hearty congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I have been married for over two years and only regretted it for the first year. All the best!</STRONG>
There ya go...usually....that doesn't mean she has to wear it there !!
She felt more comfortable wearing it on her right hand so....and considering that she will be my wife soon I m supporting her on this one (READ : I wouldn't wanna get smacked upside the head LOL)
Thank you on congratulating us...that really felt good

Norm1985
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2001, 01:23 PM

So, are you saying Han's Hands on Leia that us "looking" or being nerds is an insult? That kind of behavior is part of the exact thing ruining MacNN forums. Thank you for helping Han's Hands on Leia!

[email protected]
AIM: Norm1985

Norm1985
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2001, 01:33 PM

Infact Han's Hands on Leia, I would like you to read this thread on the degration of MacNN forums and specificly read one of my comments on how it's being degraded.

[email protected]

Han's Hands on Leia
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2001, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by Norm1985:
<STRONG>So, are you saying Han's Hands on Leia that us "looking" or being nerds is an insult? That kind of behavior is part of the exact thing ruining MacNN forums. Thank you for helping Han's Hands on Leia! </STRONG>
I don't think you should be one to talk about behavior.

"LISTEN, I HAVE A LOT OF EXPERINCE WITH UNIX BECAUSE I'M INTO WEB DESIGN! AND THIS HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH UNIX! I DIDN'T GO INTO THE COMMAND LINE TO DO THIS PLUGIN YOU JERK!"

Norm1985
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2001, 02:52 PM

Yeah, I said that because you were acting like a jerk to me and I am having a pretty bad week. You act like a jerk 24/7 Han's Hands on Leia.

[email protected]

Han's Hands on Leia
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2001, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by Norm1985:
<STRONG>Yeah, I said that because you were acting like a jerk to me and I am having a pretty bad week. You act like a jerk 24/7 Han's Hands on Leia. </STRONG>
Look, you are obviously VERY 16ish and I am not going to bother with you anymore. I think you are also used up your daily quota of rolleyes

Norm1985
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2001, 03:08 PM

I am obviously 16ish? And what your signature, your constant ranting, your calling everyone a nerd, your signature picture, your not trying to help out people? I wonder... And I can give as many rolleyes as I want.

[email protected]

plaidpjs
Senior User
Jul 7, 2001, 03:22 PM

Well, this thread was going so nicely, I'd really hate to see it continue in the realmof flames responses.

Anyway, just to maybe shut things up on that side or just deflect all the nerd comments toward me... here is my pic, it's about a yera old, buit that is me... and, BTW, I am 31 and still have yet to determine what the actual AGE OF WISDOM is... anyway, as Aaliyah sings, "Age ain't nothin' but a number!"

Ciao!

[ 07-07-2001: Message edited by: plaidpjs ]
G4/533 DP, 768 MB RAM, 40GB HDD, 32MB GeForce2 MX, 30GB VST Firewire Drive, and an Apple Cinema Display.

Demonhood
Administrator
Jul 7, 2001, 03:34 PM

take the personal battle elsewhere. AIM and email still exist. use em.

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Jul 7, 2001, 03:40 PM

I agree. This is a picture thread. There are SEPERATE threads for blaming who's causing the destruction of MacNN
Ad Astra Per Aspera - Semper Exploro

mrfrost  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2001, 04:03 PM

As soon as this thread starts turning into a flame ware that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic I hope it gets closed down. I was really enjoying this.

On the other hand...I'm getting my new scanner tomorrow so.......

Daishi
Forum Regular
Jul 7, 2001, 05:05 PM

Smerek: What would be formal wear then?

Neal: The other option available to you is to actually change the kitty litter occasionally...

Anyways:

[Cleaning up link... doh!]

[ 07-07-2001: Message edited by: Daishi ]
Vocatvs atque non vocatvs Deusaderit

nealconner
Mac Elite
Jul 7, 2001, 05:17 PM

Originally posted by Daishi:
<STRONG>Neal: The other option available to you is to actually change the kitty litter occasionally...</STRONG>
Lol. I have three cats and a stray hanging around my door.

georgius
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2001, 05:31 PM

<STRONG>

I had mentioned how most of the pictures of the people were "underage nerds" (with a few exceptions). I was complimenting you saying that you did not look at all like a nerd, but I wasn't sure about the age thing </STRONG>
Ri-ight.

Well you don't tell everyone that I not a nerd, and I won't tell everone your a schmuck.

Play it cool

widget.alnora.com

for macintosh gui

Daishi
Forum Regular
Jul 7, 2001, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by nealconner:
<STRONG>

Lol. I have three cats and a stray hanging around my door.</STRONG>

Ahem.

Who called it? Oh, yeah...

Vocatvs atque non vocatvs Deusaderit

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2001, 07:57 PM

frost.. no worries man.. no offense taken... i guess i'd say, like cpatubo, that i'm a 'geek'

anyhow.. here's another.. i was in a car accident the day before this pic was taken.. i had 30 stitches in my face--across my brow(ouch!) and a broken nose.. and i couldn't walk too well, so i brought my 'crutches' for a little 'support'..

oh.. and i don't have big hair anymore.. but the crutches are even prettier these days (pic was about a year ago)

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: IceEnclosure ]
ice

Kozmik
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 7, 2001, 08:28 PM

It's me!!!

This pic was taken May 5th when my friend and I got our award for having a Best Of Show winner in the Michigan Student Film & Video Festival. Since the pic was taken against a dark background, you can't really see my hair or anything like that. My hair is short and dark, though.
<A HREF="http://www.macnet2.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi" TARGET=_blank>
MacNet v2 Forums</A>

cpatubo
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 8, 2001, 03:41 AM

I just wanted to say to Mr_Frost... congrats! When's the wedding? Are we invited?

I got engaged m'self, last October, but we haven't set a date... getting sick of everyone asking! Don't worry, you'll get bombarded with this question a lot too... heehee

As for the ring thing... more power to her for being unique and doing what she feels is best!

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2001, 04:05 AM

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2001, 04:39 AM

Albert holds his orb of light... the source of the power of the reality distortion field...

(The orb is actually Sage, but I changed it to ruby as a demonstration of the RDF )

shanraghan
Senior User
Jul 8, 2001, 04:48 AM

Aha! But I have found the counter to the RDS! The "Kasa Wakeupyouidiot Sen" (Umbrella Wakeupyouidiot Flash)

Involves an umbrella, alarm clock and yelling loud insults to disrupt your opponents dreams.

P.S: I shall probably be posting pics of myself soon... however, considering that I have no ladies in mine like some of you other esteemed members, I am almost ashamed to do so. &gt;.^

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: shanraghan ]
[CENSORED]

Newbies generally fulfil one of two functions: being a pain in the ass or fodder for the vets. If they survive to Senoir Membership, then their role undergoes a little change...

shanraghan: self-appointed French-speaking Chef de MacNN! Serving gourmet newbie-yaki to vets since the demise of the Drunken Circle Tool!

AlbertWu
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2001, 04:59 AM

I'll make sure to capture a pic of you when you come over tomorrow.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 8, 2001, 08:33 AM

<STRONG>frost.. no worries man.. no offense taken... i guess i'd say, like cpatubo, that i'm a 'geek'
[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: IceEnclosure ]</STRONG>
ya. ive always said im a geek. geeks are multi-talented nerds. a nerd is someone with only one interest. for interest, a D&D nerd will only be able to converse with you about D&D and about his 23rd level paladin and the adventure he was just on. however, a geek can enjoy D&D, but also many other things.

shmerek
Professional Poster
Jul 8, 2001, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by Daishi:
<STRONG>Smerek: What would be formal wear then?
</STRONG>
For the more formal occasions I won't go out without my leather pants, caps and furry cod piece.

and Ice those are some fine looking ladies. Yummy with a capital Y

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: shmerek ]

mrfrost  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2001, 02:51 PM

Originally posted by cpatubo:
<STRONG>I just wanted to say to Mr_Frost... congrats! When's the wedding? Are we invited?

I got engaged m'self, last October, but we haven't set a date... getting sick of everyone asking! Don't worry, you'll get bombarded with this question a lot too... heehee

As for the ring thing... more power to her for being unique and doing what she feels is best!</STRONG>

WOW...thanks !!
And congratulations to you as well !!!!!
we haven't set a date either....it all depends on how much money I can save up... We are moving in a couple of months so I guess this wasn't the best time to pop the question to her but I really had to
It really felt like the right moment to me...
If a date is set I will sure let you guys know !! And you are ALL invited !! If you can pay for the cost of coming over to Belgium I will make sure there is a place for you at the reception Hell...maybe we'll come over there and have our honeymoon at an Apple Expo !! Then we could go have a drink..hehe

EDIT : AlbertWu ...you are really a weird guy ! heheh...I like the red light pic...it has something Sci-Fi to it !

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Mr_Frost ]

georgius
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 8, 2001, 06:47 PM

<STRONG>

WOW...thanks !!
And congratulations to you as well !!!!!
we haven't set a date either....it all depends on how much money I can save up... We are moving in a couple of months so I guess this wasn't the best time to pop the question to her but I really had to
It really felt like the right moment to me...
If a date is set I will sure let you guys know !! And you are ALL invited !! If you can pay for the cost of coming over to Belgium I will make sure there is a place for you at the reception Hell...maybe we'll come over there and have our honeymoon at an Apple Expo !! Then we could go have a drink..hehe

EDIT : AlbertWu ...you are really a weird guy ! heheh...I like the red light pic...it has something Sci-Fi to it !

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Mr_Frost ]</STRONG>
First of all...congratulations Mr. Frost. I wish you all the success and happiness in marrage.

Secondly....you're right about the creature know as Albert Wu. Below is a confidential document from the FBI website.

[QUOTE]

*****CONFIDENTIAL*****
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION REPORT INTO "Labret"

1984, the FBI came across a stange sighting in northern california. Several strange creatures, that could only be descrined a bipedal green blobs were recovered and taken to Area 56 outside of San Franciso for further examination.

The extra terrestrial group reffered to the smallest one as "Labret" appeared to command the other three creatures by waving its finger at them. Waving of fingers produced a bright red light that appeared to entrance other memebers of the group and left several of our officers in an hypnotic state. After coming out of this "trance" several officers claimed that reality was "distorted". Whilst watching a news broadcast, all of the officers claimed that the President did not have any sexual relations, and that the Iraqi dictator, Saddam Hussein, actually was sane.

With the potential of the "reality disortion field" (hereafter RDF) becoming clearer, the Bureau took the descision upon itself to take control of the minds of the American public and eventually the world. However, it appears that now it is too late. Most of the worlds population do not believe that President Clinton just "happened to forget to wash his pants", and that Mane really is a seperate state.

On the night of November 4th 1984, the group of green bipedal life forms escaped from Area 56 and "morphed" into what appear now to be human beings. however, with their RDF and being controlled by the one known only as "Labret", it appears nothing can stop them. By making cell guards think they were naked pole dancers, the blobs were able to escape and setup a base in Cupertino, where now with their RDF plan to take control of Apple Computer Inc. and eventually the entire world, harnessing it's resources for their own gain. The beiong known as "Labret" we believe has changed names to "Albert", and now is attempting to gain a better understanding of ways to take over human civilization through attending High School, "making out", eating, being hyperactive, and sleping until ridiculous times.

It appears that the only way to communicate with these beings is through Albert. Respect him, and it appears you will go far.

*****END REPORT*****
*****CONFIDENTIAL*****
widget.alnora.com

for macintosh gui

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 8, 2001, 07:14 PM

<STRONG>frost.. no worries man.. no offense taken... i guess i'd say, like cpatubo, that i'm a 'geek'

anyhow.. here's another.. i was in a car accident the day before this pic was taken.. i had 30 stitches in my face--across my brow(ouch!) and a broken nose.. and i couldn't walk too well, so i brought my 'crutches' for a little 'support'..

oh.. and i don't have big hair anymore.. but the crutches are even prettier these days (pic was about a year ago)

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: IceEnclosure ]</STRONG>
Wow Ice!! To quote PowerBook Dude "That crutch to your right is sooo <font color = red> hot </font>!!!

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

PowerBookDude
Jul 8, 2001, 07:53 PM

<STRONG>

</STRONG>
OMG They are hot!!!!! I love the expression on the blonde babe!

nealconner
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2001, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by PowerBookDude:
<STRONG>

OMG They are hot!!!!! I love the expression on the blonde babe!</STRONG>
Please stop saying every single girl in these photos is hot.

Norm1985
Mac Elite
Jul 8, 2001, 08:43 PM

Oh forget it...

[ 07-08-2001: Message edited by: Norm1985 ]

[email protected]

velocitychannel
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 9, 2001, 07:50 AM

I just told these girls about my TiBook. I think maybe Apple should use it in an ad.

[ 07-09-2001: Message edited by: velocitychannel ]

mrfrost  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2001, 07:57 AM

Well , I finally got my Epson 1640SU in the mail today. Works fine in classic ! Here is my first picture scanned (yey!! )
No laughing please..I had a bad head-day .

Damn...too bad you can't see what the text on the shelf is !! It goes like this : "Do not touch or play with the masks on the top shelfs " ppfffttt....I wasn't playing...I meant it !!

[ 07-09-2001: Message edited by: Mr_Frost ]

nealconner
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2001, 08:22 AM

<STRONG>Well , I finally got my Epson 1640SU in the mail today. Works fine in classic ! Here is my first picture scanned (yey!! )
No laughing please..I had a bad head-day .

Damn...too bad you can't see what the text on the shelf is !! It goes like this : "Do not touch or play with the masks on the top shelfs " ppfffttt....I wasn't playing...I meant it !!

[ 07-09-2001: Message edited by: Mr_Frost ]</STRONG>
Is that your collection?

ZO
Forum Regular
Jul 9, 2001, 08:40 AM

BorgZo look...

btw Ice... blonde girl looks dangerous... I love it, hehe.

[ 07-09-2001: Message edited by: ZO ]

mrfrost  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2001, 08:41 AM

Originally posted by nealconner:
<STRONG>

Is that your collection?</STRONG>
Nope , unfortunately not...that was taken at a SW exhibition last year in London. You can see a

picture that shows a small part of my collection of SW and Transformers here.
Too bad it doesn't show the real size of the room , just a small corner. If I get the chance I'll scan some pics of my entire collection (way into my second room allready ) I also have some other cool pics of the SW convention where I am ridin' podracers , etc... but I wwouldn't wanna bother you guys with all that.

nealconner
Mac Elite
Jul 9, 2001, 08:49 AM

<STRONG>

Nope , unfortunately not...that was taken at a SW exhibition last year in London. You can see a

picture that shows a small part of my collection of SW and Transformers here.
Too bad it doesn't show the real size of the room , just a small corner. If I get the chance I'll scan some pics of my entire collection (way into my second room allready ) I also have some other cool pics of the SW convention where I am ridin' podracers , etc... but I wwouldn't wanna bother you guys with all that. </STRONG>
A small part?!

Forum Links
Forum Rules