Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iBook Graphite CD Drive Revving Up

iBook Graphite CD Drive Revving Up
moggy
Aug 14, 2002, 04:24 PM

Hey there, my girlfriend owns a 366Mhz graphite iBook (not the SE) and just lately we've noticed that the CD drive makes a ton of noise when a CD is is put in. I tried updating things like the latest CarbonLib and the Firmware update, but to no avail.

About a 15 months ago I installed a new HD in her computer (something CompUSA) wouldn't do), but everything has been running smoothly just until now. I figured I'd mention that little operation, just in case that is the reason.

If anybody has any ideas as to how to keep the CD drive fairly silent, please let me know! Thanks!

G5 Dual 2Ghz UNF UNF

alphamatrix
Senior User
Aug 16, 2002, 03:26 AM

Originally posted by moggy:
Hey there, my girlfriend owns a 366Mhz graphite iBook (not the SE) and just lately we've noticed that the CD drive makes a ton of noise when a CD is is put in. I tried updating things like the latest CarbonLib and the Firmware update, but to no avail.

About a 15 months ago I installed a new HD in her computer (something CompUSA) wouldn't do), but everything has been running smoothly just until now. I figured I'd mention that little operation, just in case that is the reason.

If anybody has any ideas as to how to keep the CD drive fairly silent, please let me know! Thanks!
This should be in the iBook forum, yes it is older but not older enought for here.
If you havnt found a solution to you problem i suggest reposting it in the iBook forum of have a mod move this thread.

Forum Links
Forum Rules