Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Another insignificant observation RE: AQUA

Another insignificant observation RE: AQUA
LightWaver-67
Senior User
Aug 26, 2002, 03:29 PM

I noticed that even though I have my Finder set to the "Graphite" color for the finder.... there are certain things that do not recognize this setting.

It seems like things that are outside the realm of the user ignore the Graphite theme. Like when asking to log-out... when force-quitting something... there are certain things that seem that they are at a "higher-level" than the logged-in user and thus do not recognize that the user wishes the dialog box to use Graphite.

Again... not a "big" issue... just a silly observation.

- Scott

Orbit
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 26, 2002, 03:51 PM

I'm not using a machine w/ Jaguar installed right now, so I can't test it out, but try logging in as root, and changing the root theme to graphite.

There's a possibility that doing so may change the color of those dialogs when logged in as a different user.

What's more, even when you select the graphite theme, the highlight color remains blue unless you specifically change it. I think some people were complaining about this earlier, but i happen to think it looks rather nice, so I just left it.

WJMoore
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 26, 2002, 07:12 PM

Yeah I've read before that logging in as root (assuming the root account is enabled) and setting the theme to Graphite fixes some of those issues. The reason it happens is the shutdown dialog and force quit dialog etc. are not your own processes, they are system processes owned by root and therefore do not obey your settings.

Wesley

Forum Links
Forum Rules