Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari Font Issues... Please help!

Safari Font Issues... Please help!
Bluebomber21XX
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2004, 03:22 PM

Okay, so I added a bunch of new fonts to my machine. Now, Safari is displaying all sorts of weird fonts across different webpages. Here's a picture

I noticed by looking at the source that the CSS that determines the sites fonts is referring to all that messed up stuff as font-family: san-serif

I found out the font that was causing the fractions (New Century Schoolbook fractions) and removed it, but the sites still display like that.

Help! Does anyone know what to do about this?
The online resource for Rockman & Forte!
http://www.bluebomber.com/

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 15, 2004, 03:46 PM

Sans-serif is a whole class of fonts. Helvetica or Chicago would be just two examples.

My guess is you're having text encoding problems. Try changing the encoding. If you can't figure out which one it is, try Firefox's autodetect to get it.

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 15, 2004, 04:53 PM

Strange - I just installed Office 2004, and the fonts in Safari are behaving differently. What hath Microsoft wrought? (Don't mean to derail your thread, just thought it might be related somehow).

Bluebomber21XX  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2004, 06:59 PM

Originally posted by zigzag:
Strange - I just installed Office 2004, and the fonts in Safari are behaving differently. What hath Microsoft wrought? (Don't mean to derail your thread, just thought it might be related somehow).
I also installed Office 2004 recently, but it wasn't until I added new fonts that this started happening
The online resource for Rockman & Forte!
http://www.bluebomber.com/

Forum Links
Forum Rules