Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Pismo G4 Upgrade from PowerLogix

Pismo G4 Upgrade from PowerLogix (Page 2)
seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 25, 2002, 02:24 AM

It looks like it.

Quite a disappointment, actually.

skyman
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2002, 07:31 PM

Originally posted by Bluebomber21XX:
<STRONG>Well, looks like I was wrong.

Bear in mind that I taking my information from one (1) PowerLogix rep at the OWC booth at MacWorld. Guess I was misinformed </STRONG>
Don't feel bad. Most customer service reps don't care and love giving out bogus info.

I received the two step tip toe from the ADOBE reps at MWSF. I asked the same question to 3 different ADOBE reps and guess what...they all gave me a different answer.

Customer sevice these days SUCKS!!
MacBookPro 1.83GHz - 1.5 GB RAM - OS 10.4.6

swiftp
Jan 28, 2002, 12:33 PM

All,

Just to put this one to bed, I emailed Powerlogix today to try to get some clarity into the debate. I enclose the original email and the reply below...

Dear Powerlogix,

I suppose that you will be aware that there has been a strong rumour lately that you will be releasing an upgrade chip for the Pismo powerbook. Last year I wrote to you asking for some idea about when this upgrade would be produced and you wrote back saying sometime late in the year (2001).

To manage my expectations (and those of the rest of the world, I would think) could you give use Pismo users some idea if you are working on this and in what timeframe it will be released without, of course giving any pre-announcements (I hope, also, that such a communication would not break any confidentiality policy that you have).

My Pismo 400 is badly due for an injection of power. I like it and do not really want to change it for a new powerbook so I am a keen (potential) customer.

Many thanks.

...The reply

At this time, we do not plan to offer an upgrade for the Pismo. The connector and several parts on the processor card for the Pismo are different from those of the Lombard and Wall Street and would require the end user to send their card in so that we can do a processor swap on the original Apple card. Logistically, this is not something we can do presently.

Sincerely,
PowerLogix

Paul

ARK
Forum Regular
Jan 28, 2002, 12:43 PM

Man you sure did put that rumor to rest. You obliterated it actually. but who knows.
- Dual 1Ghz Quicksilver /w 1G RAM, GeForce4 Ti, 17" Studio Display, Soundsticks, 10.4.11
- iPhone 3G 16G Black
- 30Gig Video iPod

- MacBook Pro or iMac (soon hopefully)

silverghost
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 28, 2002, 03:55 PM

ok that does it, i geuss ill save for the upgraded ti when it comes out. Thanks for the heads up.

aloha
"In my madness my eyes are now open"

Forum Links
Forum Rules