Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Best cell phone with Mac (and.. how is the Razr)?

Best cell phone with Mac (and.. how is the Razr)? (Page 2)
zerroeffect
Forum Regular
Jul 11, 2006, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by James L
Hey all,

A friend is willing to sell me, at a pretty nice deal, his Motorola Razr V3c.

I am curious how this phone is with OSX and the Mac. If this model is good, I may spring for it. If not, I will look for a different model. The network I am on is cdma, by the way.

My questions are:

1) Can, and how well, does this phone sync with Tiger? I would like to use Blue tooth for this.

Synced well for me, but needed a little help getting iSync to recognize it. This might have been fixed with 10.4.7. Mine was recognized as an "other" computer device.

2) Can you sync both address book and iCal (iCal especially important for my needs)?

Both seem to work fine

3) Can you blue tooth photos and MP3s back and forth between the Razr and OSX?

Very easily, yes. You can also send a game jar file over via BT and the phone will recognize it as such

4) It says it is an MP3 player also. I understand the MP3 idea for ringtones, but can you also listen to MP3's off of it, a la the idiot in the Rokr phone commercials on the bus?

Not sure. I have a regular RAZR

5) If number 4 == yes, what adapter do you use for headphones?

I am on a 1.67ghz G4 PB, with the latest build of Tiger.

Thanks all,

James L

p.s. If there is a better cell phone solution for use with OSX, I am all ears!
I use Cingular service (problems, but what carrier doesn'y have them?) I have always disliked Motorola's UI, but the cost of the phone and its slim form attracted me. The interface is slow, so be aware of that. Re-dial is slow, especially. For the negative 50 dollars someone mentioned above, it's fine for a casual phone.

RobOnTheCape
Senior User
Jul 11, 2006, 10:50 PM

I'm waiting til the end of the month when my service agreement expires and getting the soon to be released Samsung A990. The camera is a 3.2 megapix, zoom, bluetooth, and nice looking as well. The camera is key for my work. The new guy salesperson mentioned this phone and the manager said something like "It doesn't exist, we have no pics, info, nothing...". Googling found me all I needed to know.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Jul 12, 2006, 12:24 AM

I bought a Nokia 6630 and love it. It was the only phone in Japan that would sync with my Mac, and I always make apoint of showing off Salling Clicker when I have guests. The newer Nokia phones are really nice and worth looking at.

Forum Links
Forum Rules