Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > how can i set a default that creates an aol e-mail from any hyperlink e-mail address

how can i set a default that creates an aol e-mail from any hyperlink e-mail address
smileLP
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 9, 2008, 09:30 PM

i forgot how i did this. on my one mac, if i click on a web address it opens an aol e-mail w/the address socked in

on my 2nd mac, i can't remember how i set it up to do this and when i click on the hyperlink it opens the mac e-mail system (which i never set up)

this is a mac preferences thing, not an aol preferences thing. i remember that much.

anybody remember how to do this?

thanks much!

Cold Warrior
Feb 9, 2008, 11:09 PM

Open Mail.app. From within its Preferences, you can choose the default email application.

smileLP  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 10, 2008, 12:09 AM

>>Open Mail.app. From within its Preferences<<

pardon my ignorance, but can you be more specific about almost every part of the above sentence? ; )

which mail app?, etc.

thanks

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2008, 12:11 AM

Open Apple's Mail program (the "Mac e-mail system you never set up"), select the command "Preferences" in the "Mail" menu and in the "General" section of the preferences dialog select your standard mail program from the popup menu.

There might be a way to do the same thing from within AOL's preferences, but since I don't use AOL I can't say.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2008, 06:36 AM

You can always run the AOL Service Assistant to setup Mail to work with your AOL account, worked great for me.

AOL Service Assistant 1.1.1 - MacUpdate

I don't use the AOL Desktop software, still too buggy.

smileLP  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 10, 2008, 09:41 AM

thanks all, it worked!

Forum Links
Forum Rules