Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Boy Meets World

Boy Meets World
shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 30, 2009, 08:59 PM

This was one great show. It's still damn funny nearly ten years after it went off the air.

I've been rewatching the seasons back-to-back. It's good stuff.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 30, 2009, 09:02 PM

My main recollection of that show is that Topanga was hot.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

64stang06
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2009, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
MacBook Pro 13" 2.8GHz Core i7/8GB RAM/750GB Hard Drive - Mac OS X 10.7.3

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2009, 09:45 AM

Alas, she still is.

MacinTommy
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2009, 10:31 AM

Cory was always a b*tch, Shawn was cool, Eric was a funny character in the later episodes and Topanga got hot in the later episode... she was a ugly weirdo in the early episodes... That said, I loved the show.

Goldfinger
Professional Poster
Oct 31, 2009, 11:46 AM

I remember dreaming about Topanga as a little boy
Great show.

iMac 20" C2D 2.16 | Acer Aspire One | Flickr

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2009, 12:21 AM

I'm pretty impressed with how it deals with some pretty big issues without that Full House "a very special episode" feel.

I also appreciate the tinge of political incorrectness in some of the episodes - some of the things in the scripts would never make it on network TV in 2009.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 1, 2009, 05:05 AM

I was just a bit too old for that show's target demographic. However, I must state my opinion that Danielle Fishel was only ever partially attractive. She seemed like a poor boy's Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar), just like the show itself seemed to be little more than a warmed over Disney modern derivative of The Wonder Years, although maybe that comparison sticks out to me in large part because of the Savage sibling connection.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Nov 1, 2009, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
I also appreciate the tinge of political incorrectness in some of the episodes - some of the things in the scripts would never make it on network TV in 2009.
I don't remember anything like that from the show. What kind of things are you thinking of?

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
I must state my opinion that Danielle Fishel was only ever partially attractive. She seemed like a poor boy's Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar)
Eh, I have to state my opinion that Winnie Cooper was not attractive at all. I thought that both in first-run episodes when she was older than me and in reruns when she was about my age. I actually thought that was supposed to be sort of textual, with Becky Slater being pretty but horrible and Winnie being awesome but less pretty. In hindsight that probably wasn't the case, but that's what I thought at the time. The actress looks better these days (I guess a math Ph.D will do that for you), and ironically Topanga got less hot.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Nov 1, 2009, 01:44 PM

I was just a bit too old for that show's target demographic. However, I must state my opinion that Danielle Fishel was only ever partially attractive. She seemed like a poor boy's Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar), just like the show itself seemed to be little more than a warmed over Disney modern derivative of The Wonder Years, although maybe that comparison sticks out to me in large part because of the Savage sibling connection.
I agree with everything you just said.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 1, 2009, 02:58 PM

Danica McKellar
**** yes... love the brains too
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

shifuimam  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 2, 2009, 08:02 AM

I don't remember anything like that from the show. What kind of things are you thinking of?
I'd have to go back and rewatch to give you direct quotes, but there have been a few jokes about whether or not Corey is actually straight, since he can be a real woman about some things.

Oh, and there's that scene from the second to last episode of the fourth season where Shawn is actually praying to God. And it's not in a mocking way.

I just think the scripting would be quite a bit different to day - it really shows how much television has changed over the last decade.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Nov 2, 2009, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
I'd have to go back and rewatch to give you direct quotes, but there have been a few jokes about whether or not Corey is actually straight, since he can be a real woman about some things.
Yeah, questioning someone's heterosexuality is WAY off limits in today's TV world.

Forum Links
Forum Rules