Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > battery problems?

battery problems?
MacLover08
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2007, 04:53 PM

Hey i'm new to macs. I've had my MacBook Pro for about 6 months now and love it. There has been an annoying buzzing sometimes when i move screen, but thats a different matter. This is about my battery. Its health is only at 65% is this normal for a 6 month old Macbook Pro? Any help would be great! Thanks.

mduell
Posting Junkie
May 9, 2007, 05:50 PM

Something wrong there... Apple says:
A properly maintained Apple notebook battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity after 300 full charge and discharge cycles.

You've got nearly twice the degredation with only half the cycles.

137 cycles in 6 mos (3 cycles every 4 days) seems a bit high... what's your usage profile like?

MacLover08  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2007, 05:52 PM

well....when im at school it charges on my desk, then when i get home i unplug it and take it down stairs to use. thats about it.

MacLover08  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 9, 2007, 06:07 PM

hey, nvm. i forgot to change the option from better performace back to better battery life. Now i'm holding at a 93%

Forum Links
Forum Rules