Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Our coalition electorate

Our coalition electorate
The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Oct 29, 2017, 07:09 PM

People's press put out an analysis of how out ideologies align and stack up. I enjoyed reading it because it explained both some of the intra-parties friction and some of the unexplained crossover on other policies.

http://www.people-press.org/2017/10/...ight-and-left/

The Breakdown:

(There's also a quiz to see where you fall)

What caught my eye here was the market skeptics being 5% in agreement of the system being fair. I'm guessing that's the crowd where Bernie's talk rings best. They must be the crossovers not afraid of medicare for all or even single payer.

Also: Looks like it's only one group really resisting equal rights for homosexuals.

I'm guessing disaffected dems are moderates and devout and diverse are actually disaffected conservatives, possibly who object to either the hate or extremism. On the two economic related questions, they show a clear split from the regular liberals. To me, that's free-market types. They're also the least educated.

Country first conservatives are, I think, analogous to the tea-party types. It's incredible that the smallest share of the GOP base is the one that's being pandered to hardest. Squeaky wheel, I guess.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Oct 29, 2017, 07:20 PM

Going through the article, gonna pull some relevant pics and comment as I see fit.

That's a lot to unpack.

Again, CFCs look like the tea party. The anti-science wing, somehow owning policy. No one else is even close to their numbers on scientists.

Core conservatives with the huge gap here. Gonna read new-era enterprisers as being the libertarian faction, or having the most amount of them.

Market skeptic Rs living up their name and then-some.

I was not right about MSRs. Some crossover with the New Era Enterprisers. Which is decidedly not a libertarian view. Very confused at this chart.

Zero!

Not what I expected.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Oct 29, 2017, 07:26 PM

Guess I was wrong about Devout & Diverse not being on board for the hate.

Forum Links
Forum Rules