Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > One Year Ago Today...

One Year Ago Today...
Dave Hagan
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 6, 2003, 07:49 PM

It was one year ago today, Wednesday, November 6th, that Apple released new Titanium PowerBooks capable of burning DVDs. Who would have thought a year ago, that Apple was then to change the design of the PowerBook at the coming MacWorld with a 17-inch model or a 12-inch model? Hmm....does lightning strike twice?
Dave Hagan | Apple Certified Technical Coordinator | iMac G5 1.9GHz | PowerBook G4 1.5GHz | Power Mac G4 933 MHz

hldan
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2003, 08:19 PM

Originally posted by Dave Hagan:
It was one year ago today, Wednesday, November 6th, that Apple released new Titanium PowerBooks capable of burning DVDs. Who would have thought a year ago, that Apple was then to change the design of the PowerBook at the coming MacWorld with a 17-inch model or a 12-inch model? Hmm....does lightning strike twice?
And Macworld 2004 is just around the corner. What's next???
iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

cenutrio
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2003, 02:48 AM

2003 is being the year of the "Apple"

Alu PBs
G5s
G4 iBooks
updated iMacs/eMacs
iPod boom
iSight

Panter
iChat videoconferencing
iTunes music store

Best year since 1984

Tomster
Senior User
Nov 7, 2003, 02:59 AM

One year ago I bought a 1 ghz Powerbook Superdrive. I assumed there was no way Apple would change the Powerbook right after a new update.

Flash forward to the keynote with me sitting in the crowd, whacking myself in the forehead upon hearing the announcement of the 17" Powerbooks.

Who knows what will be at this year's Keynote. Or next year's.
Happily using a Mac since '89
MacPortable: 16Mhz 1meg/40meg System 6.0.8 - 16lbs Yeah baby!
Powerbook 17" 1.33Ghz 2GB/100GB 8x Superdrive
Powerbook 12" 867Mhz 1.125GB/80GB 2xDVD-R RPC1
MacbookPro 17" 2.33Ghz

spatterson
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2003, 03:03 AM

Originally posted by Tomster:
One year ago I bought a 1 ghz Powerbook Superdrive. I assumed there was no way Apple would change the Powerbook right after a new update.

Flash forward to the keynote with me sitting in the crowd, whacking myself in the forehead upon hearing the announcement of the 17" Powerbooks.

Who knows what will be at this year's Keynote. Or next year's.
Well lets just hope for good things from Apple!!! We can always sell the old one on e-bay and buy a new one... Though buying a new PB just before a release would not be fun at all.

Forum Links
Forum Rules