Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Magnet on your phone: Steelie

Magnet on your phone: Steelie
abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2012, 08:11 PM

http://www.steelie.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nN3dfQ4Ttc

I cannot decide if I like this product or not. I am not sure about carrying around a magnet in my pocket or laptop bag. What about a laptop HDD? Or the fate of your credit cards as you place the phone atop your wallet at the end of a hard day? What if my girlfriend leaves me for the Table Stand?

What do yous guys think?

CentralParkMac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2013, 02:26 PM

I'd definitely have a plan in place on carrying around a high-powered magnet with my electronics. That being said, I'm sure the guys over at Steelie have recommendations on how to travel with the device and keep your electronics protected. I can tell you that there isn't really anyway to insulate from magnetic fields, but I suppose you could dampen the magnet's effects by picking up a nice chunk of metal to stick on Steelie while you aren't using it on one of your devices. Maybe your girlfriend could carry it for you and then you two could argue about who gets to hold Steelie when you go to Starbucks? j/k I hope this helps - Chase

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2013, 08:58 PM

"Do not place near... pacemakers"

Forum Links
Forum Rules