Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Ha Ha Ha Ha Good

Ha Ha Ha Ha Good (Page 3)
Thread Tools
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 4, 2022, 11:32 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Meaning that if two public television shows of unimpeachable quality ask for the same budget, and one of those shows has very poor ratings, the show with poor ratings won’t get as big of a budget despite the quality.
It's never that simple. Quality isn't a quantifiable metric, and a show's value comes down to which executive can make the most convincing argument rather than some mathematical formula of which niche group gets some kind of measurable value out of the show's existence.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 4, 2022, 12:04 PM
 
I’m not implying it is that simple, I contrived an exaggerated, hypothetical scenario to illustrate the way in which ratings have some bearing on the public television decision making process.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 4, 2022, 12:57 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Lots of folks still listen in the car.
ButWhy.gif

Maybe I need to check my privilege, but I thought aux jacks and mobile devices were pretty ubiquitous.
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 4, 2022, 01:20 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
I’m not implying it is that simple, I contrived an exaggerated, hypothetical scenario to illustrate the way in which ratings have some bearing on the public television decision making process.
Seems like a roundabout way to make a point that nobody disagrees with?
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 4, 2022, 03:35 PM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
a point that nobody disagrees with
Nature finds a way.
     
OreoCookie
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 4, 2022, 10:07 PM
 
AFAIK Korea is famous for fried chicken (very good, sweet and spicy), but their BBQ is pork and beef. Korean BBQ is super famous in Japan. Korean BBQ has been the most famous export of Korean cuisine apart from kimchi (which arguably isn’t a dish). Korean cuisine is undervalued internationally.
Originally Posted by subego View Post
The Americanized version is a cheap food staple, though I splash a gallon of sesame oil on it.
Instant/cup ramen ≠ ramen.
The two are of a different species. In the restaurant my wife worked at, each batch of the broth took 24 hours to prepare.
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Actual Ramen joints are a thing now, but I generally need to dump ingredients. Not a fan of leafy or fungal in my soup. I like tonkatsu and shoyu broth, but can’t stand miso.
Roughly speaking, there are three types of soup-bases: salt-based (shio), soy sauce-based (shoyu) and miso-based.
( Last edited by OreoCookie; Nov 5, 2022 at 12:33 AM. )
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 4, 2022, 10:44 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
ButWhy.gif

Maybe I need to check my privilege, but I thought aux jacks and mobile devices were pretty ubiquitous.
Maybe its just me. My car is old and has no aux jack. Also the radio antenna got severed so I can't use an FM sender either.


On the subject of ramen, theres a film called the Ramen Girl which I'm oddly fond of. Its probably not that great but I like it.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
OreoCookie
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2022, 12:32 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Meaning that if two public television shows of unimpeachable quality ask for the same budget, and one of those shows has very poor ratings, the show with poor ratings won’t get as big of a budget despite the quality.
I would say this is not necessarily true, unless when you wrote poor vs. good ratings relative to expectations. If a show does poor relative to expectations, then yes, it could be canceled. But that need not be true just because one show does better than the other in absolute terms.
Originally Posted by subego View Post
The idea of public television money going into FIFA’s coffers makes me want to vomit. Shameful.
Yes, but this is a cross-party issue: I remember how the center-left chancellor Schröder (SPD) and his arch enemy, Bavarian prime minister Stoiber (CSU) immediately pushed for upping the budget to allow the 2006 World Cup (which was hosted by Germany) to be broadcast on public TV. At the time the money FIFA asked for was outrageous. (Famously, both politicians are huge soccer fans.)
Originally Posted by subego View Post
It’s possible Adam’s just being his normal ham. Australian accents are a riot.
I remember Savage addressing their popularity in Australia in a few comments.
Originally Posted by subego View Post
“For the glowie of MAHHHHS”
I thought the actress portraying Bobbie Draper was from New Zealand?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2022, 04:11 AM
 
She is, but those dialects aren’t particularly different to my ear. They both drive “cahhs” with steering wheels on the “roight”.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2022, 05:09 AM
 
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
I would say this is not necessarily true, unless when you wrote poor vs. good ratings relative to expectations. If a show does poor relative to expectations, then yes, it could be canceled. But that need not be true just because one show does better than the other in absolute terms.
I’m a touch confused.

I said one would get a smaller budget. What is the reason you changed it to canceled?
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2022, 05:22 AM
 
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
AFAIK Korea is famous for fried chicken (very good, sweet and spicy), but their BBQ is pork and beef. Korean BBQ is super famous in Japan. Korean BBQ has been the most famous export of Korean cuisine apart from kimchi (which arguably isn’t a dish). Korean cuisine is undervalued internationally.
It’s actually pretty huge in Chicago for whatever reason. Before that was the case my introduction was a Hawaiian place. They didn’t call it galbi and bap, but that’s what they were.

I dislike cabbage though, so kimchi’s out.


Edit: we also have a notable Japanese population which was originally centered in my neighborhood. I think I mentioned that as a kid I hung out all the time at Tokyo Rose’s tchotchke shop.
( Last edited by subego; Nov 5, 2022 at 06:55 AM. )
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2022, 06:43 AM
 
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
Yes, but this is a cross-party issue
Plenty of vomit to go around.
     
reader50
Administrator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2022, 01:08 PM
 
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
Plus, I think the US market is rather different: many US shows are being exported to the majority of the world whereas shows produced in other, non-English-speaking countries are made more for domestic consumption.
I've noticed for a couple decades that US shows get exported with good dubbing. The DVDs (and later media) often have alternate sound tracks. But non-US shows or movies typically have only subtitles.

Perhaps non-US content would be more popular worldwide if they spent a bit more jack to include real dubbing. Instead of giving out-of-market speakers the 2nd-class treatment.
     
Thorzdad
Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nobletucky
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2022, 04:06 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Maybe its just me. My car is old and has no aux jack. Also the radio antenna got severed so I can't use an FM sender either.
I listen to the radio in my car all the time. There’s a really fun community station whose playlist could be accurately called “eclectic.” Plus, there are a couple of high-school station, run by the students, that I like to listen to once in awhile, just to see if they’re playing anything new that I might like. And, then there’s good old NPR.

In my wife’s car, she jumps between radio and CDs.
     
OreoCookie
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2022, 08:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
I've noticed for a couple decades that US shows get exported with good dubbing. The DVDs (and later media) often have alternate sound tracks. But non-US shows or movies typically have only subtitles.
I prefer subtitles. Even if you can’t speak a language, you can pick up on some nuances. In a Turkish TV show, a vaguely Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer-esque show the main characters were addressing each other by their last names rather than their first names despite being quite close. In the dub, they used first names. I thought this was interesting.
Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Perhaps non-US content would be more popular worldwide if they spent a bit more jack to include real dubbing. Instead of giving out-of-market speakers the 2nd-class treatment.
To be honest, I don’t think it ever crossed the minds of American TV execs to consider putting foreign TV shows on, at least pre-Netflix. I’m sure there are exceptions, but I reckon there was so much pressure to adopt native shows and execs surely thought there was no market for it.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
reader50
Administrator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 5, 2022, 08:54 PM
 
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
To be honest, I don’t think it ever crossed the minds of American TV execs to consider putting foreign TV shows on, at least pre-Netflix. I’m sure there are exceptions ...
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is an actual example. The DVD sets include Spanish, French, and German dubs (mix depends on market). From what I've read, the non-English dubs were distributed during the original foreign broadcasts. So that pushes high-quality Hollywood dubbing back to at least the 1990s.

sub-example: German audiences did not realize right away that Spike was British. Because the German voice actor hadn't been cast with that in mind. By the time it became relevant within the story, his German voice was established as his, for multiple seasons. I don't think it was ever recast.

2nd sub-example. During the musical episode, the original cast got musical assignments based on their actual talents. Which made things tough for the dubbing voices. The regular Spanish voices muddled through. The French release people hired an actual singer for Tara's songs, whose singing voice sounded similar to the Fr Tara's regular voice.

So we're dubbing movies and TV shows, going back decades. But when I watch a non-English film, it's rarely dubbed. And I've yet to watch a non-English TV show with dubbing. It's all subtitles. I've long figured this is a reason why Hollywood keeps clobbering other countries' film industries. More-accessible product equals wider sales than the competition.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 6, 2022, 12:03 AM
 
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
I prefer subtitles. Even if you can’t speak a language, you can pick up on some nuances.
I’ll add something obvious but rarely mentioned.

Voices are sounds. They’re an integral component of the sound design. Change the sounds and it wrecks the design.
     
reader50
Administrator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 6, 2022, 03:57 AM
 
Sounds like you oppose audio translation. Potentially in any form.

Well, if you oppose dubbing, I look forward to your movie. With subtitles in 10 languages.
     
OreoCookie
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 6, 2022, 05:36 AM
 
Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is an actual example. The DVD sets include Spanish, French, and German dubs (mix depends on market). From what I've read, the non-English dubs were distributed during the original foreign broadcasts. So that pushes high-quality Hollywood dubbing back to at least the 1990s.
Yeah, I can also think of a few accent-related dubbing fails, e. g. when a character has a strong Southern accent or so, and this is supposed to conjure up stereotypes … this flies right past the audience. I wouldn't want to watch The Expanse, not knowing that Alex “I'm just a transport pilot!” Kamal has a strong Texan accent and Bobbie Badass Draper is a Kiwi.

The translations can sometimes be crude and even false. Especially when it comes to humor or rarely used phrases. One TNG episode has stuck out to me over literally decades now: they translated Picard's “Fire at will!” with “Feuern nach eigenem Ermessen!” This isn't just bad-bad, because it is longer. But it is really bad, because there exists a perfect translation: “Feuer frei!”
Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
sub-example: German audiences did not realize right away that Spike was British. Because the German voice actor hadn't been cast with that in mind. By the time it became relevant within the story, his German voice was established as his, for multiple seasons. I don't think it was ever recast.
I never watched Buffy, so I wouldn't know, but this is a good point.
Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
So we're dubbing movies and TV shows, going back decades. But when I watch a non-English film, it's rarely dubbed. And I've yet to watch a non-English TV show with dubbing. It's all subtitles. I've long figured this is a reason why Hollywood keeps clobbering other countries' film industries. More-accessible product equals wider sales than the competition.
IMHO subtitles are better. Living in a smaller country like the Netherlands where dubbing is not financially viable is a blessing in disguise: there is a good reason why pretty much every Dutch person is fluent in English.
Originally Posted by subego View Post
I’ll add something obvious but rarely mentioned.

Voices are sounds. They’re an integral component of the sound design. Change the sounds and it wrecks the design.
Not only that, voices aren't just sound, they are a super important part when it comes to acting. And sometimes you miss entire performances when a voice actor isn't up to snuff. This is less of an issue with low(er) brow content. But crucial for movies.

Fun fact: Arnold Schwarzenegger dubbed himself, which was almost as funny as in the English original where Conan/The Terminator have a strong Austrian accent. (To German ears it is completely obvious that even his English doesn't have a German, but an Austrian accent.)
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Plenty of vomit to go around.
Yup.
Although I think a good share of the people think that the soccer Euro and World Cups are part of a shared German cultural heritage, something that should be on public TV (as opposed to pay TV).
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
OreoCookie
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 6, 2022, 05:42 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
I’m a touch confused.

I said one would get a smaller budget. What is the reason you changed it to canceled?
Even if you replace canceled with cutting the show's budget, I don't think public TV program directors would necessarily change the budget if they judged the show to be successful using the parameters of success that they set out in the beginning.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 6, 2022, 11:20 AM
 
Originally Posted by reader50 View Post
Sounds like you oppose audio translation. Potentially in any form.

Well, if you oppose dubbing, I look forward to your movie. With subtitles in 10 languages.
We’re having trouble with just one language!
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 6, 2022, 01:04 PM
 
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
Yeah, I can also think of a few accent-related dubbing fails, e. g. when a character has a strong Southern accent or so, and this is supposed to conjure up stereotypes … this flies right past the audience. I wouldn't want to watch The Expanse, not knowing that Alex “I'm just a transport pilot!” Kamal has a strong Texan accent and Bobbie Badass Draper is a Kiwi.
No, wait… donkey balls!
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 9, 2022, 03:45 PM
 
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
I never watched Buffy, so I wouldn't know…
I’m sure no one has ever told you this, but you should. It’s really good.
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 9, 2022, 04:16 PM
 
I tried to start it once but got like 45 seconds in and it was so aggressively '90s I couldn't continue.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 9, 2022, 04:26 PM
 
What’s wrong with the 90s?
     
Thorzdad
Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nobletucky
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 9, 2022, 04:52 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
What’s wrong with the 90s?
Shittiest drugs ever.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 9, 2022, 05:12 PM
 
Really? That was the last time I got good acid.
     
Thorzdad
Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nobletucky
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 9, 2022, 06:27 PM
 
90s acid was like eating speed compared to 70s acid. Anyway, I’d mostly switched to mushrooms by then.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 9, 2022, 06:54 PM
 
That was another good thing about 90s drugs. Lots of mushrooms.

I was born in 1971 so I missed-out on 70s acid. My dad says one of his biggest regrets of that era was not keeping the small quantities of clinical stuff he procured all to himself.

I also missed-out on quaaludes.
     
Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 9, 2022, 06:59 PM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
I tried to start it once but got like 45 seconds in and it was so aggressively '90s I couldn't continue.
It gets better. But it takes a couple of seasons.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 9, 2022, 08:14 PM
 
It’s admittedly not a consistent show.

The third season is excellent. The fifth season is some of the best television I’ve ever seen. The fourth season is hot garbage.

Relatedly, the last season of Angel somehow manages to surpass the fifth season of Buffy until it completely falls apart at the end.
     
Thorzdad
Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nobletucky
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 10, 2022, 09:35 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
That was another good thing about 90s drugs. Lots of mushrooms.

I was born in 1971 so I missed-out on 70s acid. My dad says one of his biggest regrets of that era was not keeping the small quantities of clinical stuff he procured all to himself.

I also missed-out on quaaludes.
‘Ludes were pretty awesome. We called them 714s in my neck of the woods (the tabs were imprinted with the numeral 714) Addictive as hell. Dangerous, too, as they were very easy to OD on. But, such a nice, deep, easy, sedative. Cosby’s rape drug of choice, I hear.

70s acid was just plain fun. Chemists knew what they were doing and had a little pride in their product. Eventually, though, others got involved and, like I said, it felt more like super-speed with awesome visuals. I think the last actual acid I dropped was the purple microdot I took to go see the premier of Tron. I went exclusively mushrooms after that.

For awhile I was getting them from a guy whose brother was growing them in a lab up at Michigan State. Then, I moved around, got old, and lost connections. It’s been awhile since I last had a source, and being an oldster makes it very, very hard to find one. People just assume you’re a narc. I’ve seriously thought about growing my own.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 10, 2022, 10:25 AM
 
I became suddenly epileptic a decade ago, and my original neurologist said mushrooms were a no-go because there wasn’t enough research.

He retired, and I went years without a neurologist. Just recently I decided I should get a new one, and was excited at the chance to broach it again.

Well, turns out she’s what you would call a “square”, Didn’t know what they were, and when I told her it was like I had asked if I should light myself on fire.
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 10, 2022, 01:52 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
What’s wrong with the 90s?
4:3
     
Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: 888500128, C3, 2nd soft.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 10, 2022, 02:01 PM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
4:3
Yeah, vertical video FTW!
     
Thorzdad
Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nobletucky
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 10, 2022, 06:10 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
I became suddenly epileptic a decade ago, and my original neurologist said mushrooms were a no-go because there wasn’t enough research.

He retired, and I went years without a neurologist. Just recently I decided I should get a new one, and was excited at the chance to broach it again.

Well, turns out she’s what you would call a “square”, Didn’t know what they were, and when I told her it was like I had asked if I should light myself on fire.
Technically, I think all doctors are required to act dumb when it comes to psilocybin. Now, ask a good psychiatrist what they think, and they’ll have opinions. There’s a lot of movement in psychiatric circles exploring the use of psychedelics for treatment of depression.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 10, 2022, 07:23 PM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
4:3
So, just like the series I’ve been working on?
     
OreoCookie
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 10, 2022, 09:28 PM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
4:3
Except for Babylon 5, which was ahead of its time in this respect, too!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 11, 2022, 02:21 AM
 
Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
Technically, I think all doctors are required to act dumb when it comes to psilocybin. Now, ask a good psychiatrist what they think, and they’ll have opinions. There’s a lot of movement in psychiatric circles exploring the use of psychedelics for treatment of depression.
I guess I was hoping that was common knowledge by now.

She asked me why I wanted to take them. I told her they give them to terminal patients and it helps screw on their head about dying. I asked her “if it can do that, why wouldn’t I want to take it?
     
Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 11, 2022, 05:35 PM
 
Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
Technically, I think all doctors are required to act dumb when it comes to psilocybin. Now, ask a good psychiatrist what they think, and they’ll have opinions. There’s a lot of movement in psychiatric circles exploring the use of psychedelics for treatment of depression.
Yes, I've seen a few claims that even single doses of LSD or Ketamine can 'reset' your brain for lack of a better word. Sounds very promising. That said, I knew someone who was part of a trial with ket and it didn't save her sadly.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 11, 2022, 05:42 PM
 
I have a friend who takes ketamine and she seems to be in the group it helps.
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 14, 2022, 09:25 AM
 
Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
Yeah, vertical video FTW!
I was trying to watch the trailer for Black Adam last night on my phone in landscape mode. The first commercial played in landscape mode. Then the orientation of the video changed, and a second ad specifically designed for portrait mode played, so that it was 90 degrees off from my perspective and I'm pretty sure the "Skip Ad" button was on the top right of the screen (should have been bottom right) and was also 90 degrees off. Not sure if that was a glitch or just a bad oversight.
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,