Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Online Performa!!

Online Performa!!
rhino_g3
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2000, 01:46 PM

Finally got this Perfoma 6116CD online. Thank you again. lol. I am using it right now. Slow processor, (60Mhz) but is serves the purpose.
Went ahead and got sytem 9 for it which is what I am using now. Makes things much easier for internet setup.

Everything seems to be working fine right now except one thing. When booting up you have to turn computer on then monitor. It will not boot unless you turn computer back off and then on again. It was doing this even before OS upgrade. Have any ideas?

Forrest
Jun 3, 2000, 04:34 PM

This problem may be related to a dead PRAM battery (on the motherboard of the 6100). If it's been more than 3 years since you replaced this battery - then it's due for a change. 3.6 volt, 1/2AA lithium battery. You can find them at Radio Shack for about $10.

rhino_g3  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2000, 10:34 PM

Good point Forrest. The computer won't keep time anymore so I figured the pram battery needed changed because of that but I never would of thought it would cause booting problems. Thanks!

garrettnelson
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 5, 2000, 05:13 PM

You have a 6116CD with OS 9????? That must me AGONY!!!!!!!
and play the game existence to the end

wlonh
Professional Poster
Jun 5, 2000, 05:35 PM

you said it, agony... i have a 6200 running 9 and it makes watching the grass grow seem like an action sport

rhino_g3  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2000, 10:24 PM

Your right, it is slow but it is serving the purpose for now. This was more of an experiment then anything.

Forum Links
Forum Rules