Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Another Ipod problem...

Another Ipod problem...
Komisar
Mac Elite
Jun 10, 2004, 02:01 PM

OK so if tried resetting it putting it into disk mode...... and my computerS still dont regonize it.... is there anything left to do?

magid
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 10, 2004, 09:05 PM

the hard drive is most likely dead

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 11, 2004, 10:03 AM

its isnt because it still has music on it and plays it....

diskgolfking
Jun 11, 2004, 10:39 AM

If there is an Apple store near you try taking it in there and connecting it to one of their computers with your cable. If that works then it's probably your computer.

Are you running it off a PowerMac G4? I had all sorts of problems connecting my iPod to it (and, judging by the forums, a lot of people did). The solution that worked for me was, when I had a problem I would power down the PM, unplug the cord, pop the case open, press the PMU reset button, wait 10 seconds or so, then plug it in and go.

There seem to be some problems with the firewire ports on some PM G4s that this will help fix (at least until it happens again

Forum Links
Forum Rules