Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > What is happening to macthemes?

What is happening to macthemes?
Komisar
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2004, 12:20 PM

I decided to go and read some comments as always and now i see adds in the comments by allergy companies and debt canceling ones.... then i saw about 20 comments by one person saying hmm.... interesting spamming the whole area... so in short phill you gotta delete the ones that don't belong there cause they are driving me (and i think everyone else) insane!

Arclite
Jun 14, 2004, 12:32 PM

This happens everywhere with comments. I myself have a comments thing on my page, and it got so bad, I just locked all comments. It's sad, but some people are such lowlifes, they do **** like this. It's disgusting.

Rosyna
Forum Regular
Jun 14, 2004, 12:39 PM

Since Unsanity was /.'d we got about 164 spam comments at once. Good thing MT-Blacklist exists. All could be deleted and banned from further posts in one fell swoop.

ambush
Banned
Jun 14, 2004, 12:50 PM

MT SpamBots.

How low can they get?

I've had a couple on mine too

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2004, 01:02 PM

Im working with a couple of themers on a new website that is designed in mt... how can i delete comments i can't seem to find the selection on my server in mt

phillryu
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2004, 01:30 PM

Um, Rosyna, wanna help me do the same with MacThemes? I installed blacklist, but I don't really know how to use it beyond its default settings . If you could email me at [email protected], would be greatly appreciated.

MacThemes.net Editor in Chief

ambush
Banned
Jun 14, 2004, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by Komisar:
Im working with a couple of themers on a new website that is designed in mt... how can i delete comments i can't seem to find the selection on my server in mt
RTFM?

Arclite
Jun 14, 2004, 06:21 PM

Click on the comment when you go to edit a post. Then there's a button that says "Delete". I think you can figure out from there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules