Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > [ANN] The Switchboard Re(re)launches

[ANN] The Switchboard Re(re)launches
Komisar
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2005, 12:51 PM

The Switchboard Re(re)launches
Cross Posted From MTF

After a server move and a rally for articles that took way too long, I am proud to announce that The Switchboard is once again ready for action. It’s been a rough road since the beginning for us, but this round, I believe that we’ve adopted some better thought-out policies for our audience and our authors.

First off, now anyone can become a memeber of The Switchboard simply by registering through our WordPress back-end. Becoming a member allows you to submit draft articles for our editors’ review, making submission much easier.

Second, we’ve strived to assess our goals and our motivation – just why should visitors use The Switchboard. What we came up with was a complete Switchboard philosophy that outlines three major fields that we intend to address through our site. We’ve also put together a better submission policy statement that focuses on author accomodation and recognition.

Finally, we’ll be on a steady bi-weekly article release schedule until August. For those of you who do posess a great deal of talent in one of the three fields we cover, however, I’d like to ask you to consider writing an article for The Switchboard. It would help our own site out a great deal, but it would also be an excellent way to give something back to our community.

We also have a domain name, finally. You can visit our site easily by going to http://the-switchboard.net/. About time!

Make sure you stop by and enjoy today's article by Patrick Yan!

MacDog
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 16, 2005, 04:04 PM

One little issue... none of the links work using Firefox. Everything works great in Safari, but on 3 G5s I tried it on using FF, the links on the sidebar as well as in the posts themselves don't work - they have no rollover effect, you can't even select the text.

I would think it was something on my end, but it doesn't work on 3 machines... very strange.

Other than that, everything looks good and I look forward to a more frequent visit.
The Graphic Mac: Tips, tricks and commentary for design, Adobe and Mac OSX.

Forum Links
Forum Rules