Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > SSX On Tour (SSX4)

SSX On Tour (SSX4)
ink
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2005, 02:34 PM

So, has anyone picked it up yet??

I think I'm going to run down and get the GCN version of it today (the PS2 demo that I have has looooong load times).

starman
Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2005, 05:21 PM

It's out already?

/whoosh

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Cellery
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2005, 05:50 PM

The PSP version I picked up had long load times too, but then I remembered I could copy it to my minty fresh 2GB Memory Stick. I couldn't play it for more than 30 minutes before getting a headache though, maybe it was the slowish framerate and blurring, but I've never had a problem with the console versions. Lots of fun though, and the EA Trax aren't as obnoxious this go-round. Tricky is still my favorite installment though!

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2005, 07:59 PM

i bought a new psp, and i got this game. i have ssx 3 for gamecube and i like this one. i doubt i'll get it for console though

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2005, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cellery
The PSP version I picked up had long load times too, but then I remembered I could copy it to my minty fresh 2GB Memory Stick. I couldn't play it for more than 30 minutes before getting a headache though, maybe it was the slowish framerate and blurring, but I've never had a problem with the console versions. Lots of fun though, and the EA Trax aren't as obnoxious this go-round. Tricky is still my favorite installment though!
yeah tricky is my favorite also because its like an arcade game instead of a sim.

starman
Clinically Insane
Oct 15, 2005, 08:25 PM

Ok, I just got it. One thing I like is seeing which song they're going to use for the game opening.

Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills.

Awesome.

Game? Awesome. Lovin' it.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

ink  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2005, 10:32 PM

Got the GCN version; much faster load times, and it has some Nintendo tie-ins.

As for the best version; I'm in the SSX-3 camp myself. I really relaly liked Tricky, but some of the levels were ridiculous (Tokyo Megaplex, Aloha). SSX3 was just fun to ride around in, to explore and do side games. I'll have to see how On Tour shapes up here... I'm already missing Kyori and Psimon -- and Griff

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2005, 11:30 PM

I'm a big SSX 3 fan, and my wife and I have been playing On Tour this weekend, I have to say I really like it. The music in 3 was kind of repetitive, so far it hasn't bugged me as much with On Tour.

And I love being able to go with two boards instead of one! That's better!

Not sure what to make of the new art direction - the sketchbook/doodle look. It's different, that's for sure.

Right now it's just a rental, but I'm sure we're buying this one.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules