Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > GUI website?

GUI website?
Komisar
Mac Elite
May 31, 2004, 09:55 PM

What kind of website do u guys still think the gui community needs.... by that i mean still needs? cause if so i am willing to start one... ive have a website just no idea to follow!

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2004, 12:59 PM

answer me for pete sakes!

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2004, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by Komisar:
answer me for pete sakes!
No I don't want to

Seriously, you need to give it a little more time. You posted this on Monday evening on memorial day (here in the US) so things have been quiet.

Plus you ought to be a little nicer, you may not get too many responses by sounding so harsh.

I don't see any need for a gui website. There's plenty around. What could you offer that's not already available?

Mike

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2004, 01:13 PM

There is nothing i cant offer if u want me to do a website i can... all i need is an idea

FB Eye
Senior User
Jun 1, 2004, 01:33 PM

What I would like is a web site to share resources or anything related to OS X themes:

Templates, beta themes, PSDs, ideas, questions, mockups, tips and tricks, tutorials, articles by pro-themers (Max and Swiz maybe), a ThemePark section with tips and how-to�s by smeger.

Basically, it would be alot more than just a listing/download site. It would be a one-stop deal for anyone looking to create a new theme, getting started with ThemePark, for a talented person to show his/her mockup (and maybe pair-up with someone knowledgeable in TP), to grab tips and info, to ask pro-themers for some help, etc...

I know alot of that stuff is already available, but scattered around different existing site. This site would regroup �em all...

My canadian 2�

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2004, 01:35 PM

Well your wish is my command the site will be up as soon as a i get my themer to help me out .... his name will not be spoken till the website is up

eyevaan
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 1, 2004, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by Komisar:
There is nothing i cant offer if u want me to do a website i can... all i need is an idea
Maflynn is right there are a bunch of nice GUI sites.

Not that another might not be nice, especially if you have your own original work.
You should definitely start one if you have your own work to post.

In a links page you might consider finding some of those obscure/forgotten websites for GUI junkies.

like:
http://aquaworld.stretch.tc/themes/themes.html
of course most of that is out of date so I don't know how useful that is... but something to that effect.

knock it around on this forum see what sort of feedback you get. I think you should do it. You obviously already have confidence in your skills. We all love a well constructed site.

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2004, 01:42 PM

im not a designer just a enthusiaist..... but we will have some original work and a couple of other things

fireside
Professional Poster
Jun 1, 2004, 01:51 PM

LEARN. TO. TYPE.

no one wants to go to a website where you use "U" instead of "you," "2" instead of "two." this isn't AOL chat.

OMG LAWL.

Komisar  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 1, 2004, 02:11 PM

DO YO[U] REALLY CARE... and also the website wont be anything like the way i type in a forum

Forum Links
Forum Rules