Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 1 GHZ Titanium Powerbook Whole or For Parts

FS: 1 GHZ Titanium Powerbook Whole or For Parts
Collin973
Aug 30, 2006, 01:55 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd really like to sell this some time soon and I'm open to offers on the stuff (and trades).

I have a Titanium Powerbook that is in "ok" shape. The outside has some definite scratching and the bottom case underneath the Superdrive is bent a little. Also, there are some screws missing under the bottom casing.

Here's the major problem: The screen randomly fades to this "dirty white" screen and I can't figure out what the problem is. I've been told its a pinched inverter cable, but I can't be certain. It works excellent as a desktop replacement with a monitor. I've been using it on my 20" Flat panel

This would have been a great machine, if the ebay seller didn't forget to mention that the screen has a problem and then refuse to do anything about it.

What I have to offer:

I am willing to sell the laptop with power adapter for $450 dollars shipped.

I am willing to part it out, but only if there is a demand for the majority of the parts.

Specs:
1 GHZ, 512 MB (2 x 256), 60 GB 4200 RPM drive, 1X Superdrive, Airport card installed.

If some one wants the logicboard, which I know is fully functional because the computer is amazing on an external moniter, I will sell the rest of the parts.

If you want a part, post what you'd like and what your willing to pay for it. These prices below are just prices to satisfy macnn's policies:

>>EVERYTHING is SOLD AS IS!!<<

Logicboard - $275 (Upgrade your DVI to a 1 GHZ)
Hard Drive - $40
Superdrive - $60
Keyboard - $20
Ram (both) - $40
Airport card - $75
Hinges - $40 for both (Almost perfect, no cracks, some paint scratches/scuffs)
Battery - $30 (works between 1.5-2 hours)
Display - $100 (it's got some marks on it)
Bottom Case - $10 not in great shape though

Whatever else you'd want, just ask.

I'll combine stuff too. For example, if you want the logicboard and the ram, I'll sell it for $305 together.

let me know,

Collin
( Last edited by Collin973; Sep 18, 2006 at 04:31 PM. )
12" PB G4 1.0 GHZ 768MB 40 GB Combo Tiger 10.4.7

Collin973  (op)
Sep 18, 2006, 04:32 PM

Made major revisions to prices, parts for sale.

Just make me an offer please.
12" PB G4 1.0 GHZ 768MB 40 GB Combo Tiger 10.4.7

Forum Links
Forum Rules