Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Could coupons that come with new macs = free OS 10.1 upgrade CD?

Could coupons that come with new macs = free OS 10.1 upgrade CD?
Pismo400
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 22, 2001, 03:08 PM

You know those coupons that come with new Macs? I guess they are coupons to get discounts on upgrades/new software. Maybe Apple will let new buyers of macs (purchasing computers after a certain date) to be eligable for a free upgrade CD for OS 10.1.

JLL
Professional Poster
Aug 22, 2001, 03:53 PM

Originally posted by Pismo400:
<STRONG>You know those coupons that come with new Macs? I guess they are coupons to get discounts on upgrades/new software. Maybe Apple will let new buyers of macs (purchasing computers after a certain date) to be eligable for a free upgrade CD for OS 10.1.</STRONG>
Mac OS X 10.1 is a free update for all Mac OS X owners. The $19.95 is for shipping and handling.

But it could happen that Apple won't charge owners of a Mac bought after a certain date because when Apple started to include Mac OS X for free with Macs, people who bought a Mac after that date but didn't get Mac OS X in the box would get it after sending in the coupon and they didn't have to pay for S&H.
JLL

- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

OverclockedHomoSapien
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2001, 04:01 PM

Mac OS X 10.1 is a free update for all Mac OS X owners. The $19.95 is for shipping and handling.
[FONT="book antiqua"]"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson, 1816.[/FONT]

<Arnie>
Aug 22, 2001, 04:23 PM

When do I have to send the Coupon "Proof of Purchase Mac OS X 10.0 and Mac OS 9.1" to get the 10.1 update? After Apple releases it officially or already now? It takes so long to get the upgrade CD (I heard up to 6 weeks). Anyone that has already used the "upgrade plan" could tell me what to do? Thanks

JLL
Professional Poster
Aug 22, 2001, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by &lt;Arnie&gt;:
<STRONG>When do I have to send the Coupon "Proof of Purchase Mac OS X 10.0 and Mac OS 9.1" to get the 10.1 update? After Apple releases it officially or already now? It takes so long to get the upgrade CD (I heard up to 6 weeks). Anyone that has already used the "upgrade plan" could tell me what to do? Thanks </STRONG>
Apple will post instructions on their Mac OS X web page.

When? Only Apple knows.
JLL

- My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Forum Links
Forum Rules