Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > De-esser that works on Intel Macs?

De-esser that works on Intel Macs?
mac freak
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2006, 07:34 PM

Hey all!
I recently upgraded from a rev. A G5 tower to a Mac Pro. I'm working on some songs right now, and after I copied all my GarageBand instruments and such over from the G5 everything works great...except one thing.

My mic is not a piece of crap, but it's also not very expensive. I really need a de-esser to keep the vocals from angrily hissing about, but the one I used to use on the G5, a free plugin called "spitfish," doesn't work on my Mac Pro. I reinstalled it directly from their website, but GarageBand doesn't even see it as installed (I'm pretty sure I've installed it correctly).

I'm thinking it may be an Intel incompatibility. Are there other free or inexpensive de-essers that will work? If I can't get one, could I accomplish the same effect any other way using plugins I CAN access?

Thanks! :-)
Be happy.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Aug 31, 2006, 08:38 PM

Soundtrack Pro has a de-esser that should be universal.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

mac freak  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 10, 2006, 02:14 PM

(could someone email me the plugin?)
Be happy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules