Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > CD Burning

CD Burning
mrchin
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 26, 2001, 11:39 AM

Now that I have 9.1 with Disc Burner on my Mac, it seems that I can't burn using Toast. Since the Finder is updated, it always asks to initialize or eject a new CD in my external Iomega ZipCD. Even if I turn off all the disc burner extensions. Does that matter? Or can you burn in toast even if you have to mount the disc on the desktop? And why isn't Titanium Toast recognizing my recorder anymore?
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Jul 26, 2001, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by mrchin:
<STRONG>Now that I have 9.1 with Disc Burner on my Mac, it seems that I can't burn using Toast. Since the Finder is updated, it always asks to initialize or eject a new CD in my external Iomega ZipCD. Even if I turn off all the disc burner extensions. Does that matter? Or can you burn in toast even if you have to mount the disc on the desktop? And why isn't Titanium Toast recognizing my recorder anymore?</STRONG>
try disabling the disc burner extensions. open the extensions manager and turn off the following items:
  • Authoring Support
  • Authoring Support Files
  • Disc Burner Extension
  • USB Authoring Support
  • FireWire Authoring Support

restart the machine and launch toast. if it recognizes your burner, you're now in business.

-r.

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2001, 10:31 AM

Open toast first, then insert a cd, that works for me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules