Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Open Port in Speedstream

Open Port in Speedstream
moggy
Apr 30, 2003, 10:55 PM

Ok, I've been browsing through all of the topics regarding port forwarding to connect to other computer's iTunes libraries, but I still can't figure out how to open up port 3689.

I am using a Siemens Speedstream 2614 router and I have no problem accessing the managing interface, but I am confused as to how to open the port.

Anybody out there with some specific instructions for a poor sole like me?

G5 Dual 2Ghz UNF UNF

moggy  (op)
May 1, 2003, 11:32 AM

no love anyone?

G5 Dual 2Ghz UNF UNF

n~s
Forum Regular
May 1, 2003, 11:39 AM

I don't know anything about that kind of router, try to find a way to forward the port.

When incoming traffic hits the router, it doesn't know to send it to your computer.

Go into system preferences on your mac and get the IP that you're using internally from the "Networking" section. Jot this down.

Use whatever router admin tool you have and try to find a way to forward ports. Configure it to forward the iTunes port to the IP you got from System preferences. You might need to read the manual or contact the manufacturer to figure out how to do this.

Make sure your mac isn't blocking the iTunes port.

Finally, go to whatsmyip.org to get the IP that your router uses to talk to the rest of the world...this is the IP you want other people to use so they can contact iTunes.

moggy  (op)
May 5, 2003, 02:02 AM

I will give it a shot. I already tried the manual, but maybe I need to contact someone at Siemens. Thank you though.

G5 Dual 2Ghz UNF UNF

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
May 5, 2003, 06:24 AM

Originally posted by moggy:
Ok, I've been browsing through all of the topics regarding port forwarding to connect to other computer's iTunes libraries, but I still can't figure out how to open up port 3689.

I am using a Siemens Speedstream 2614 router and I have no problem accessing the managing interface, but I am confused as to how to open the port.

Anybody out there with some specific instructions for a poor sole like me?
In the firewall tab (Saring) click New.. type in 3689, make sure the firewall is on.

Am I missing somthing?

Forum Links
Forum Rules