Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > MS Tech Support Sucks

MS Tech Support Sucks
patrickgibson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 30, 2000, 12:23 PM

I have exchanged several emails with Microsoft about this. They first refused to help me because my 90 day free support has already run out with this product. I asked "well what am I supposed to do?". The next guy recommended I download IE 5.5 to get another 90 days. I responded saying that the latest version I can find on their site is 5.0 and asked where I can download 5.5. The next guy responded telling me that 5 is the latest version and gave me the URL where I can download it. Arggh!!!! All I want to do is send a bloody message from OE using my hotmail account!
patrick gibson
http://patrickg.com/

wlonh
Professional Poster
Sep 8, 2000, 08:25 AM

1. Go to Accounts and change Account ID back to email address without @hotmail.com after it.
2. Uncheck the box that says "Save sent messages in the server Sent Items". It won't work if that box is checked.
3. Click OK and quit Outlook Express.
4. When you reopen Outlook Express, it should both send and receive emails.

davecort
Sep 20, 2000, 02:09 AM

If you are still having problems sending, contextual click on the Hotmail account, select Empty Cache, and then try sending again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules