Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Game of Thrones TV series (SPOILERS)

Game of Thrones TV series (SPOILERS) (Page 8)
andi*pandi
Aug 29, 2017, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
I'm thinking Dragonglass arrowheads and spearsheads, Valyrian steel and lots and lots and lots of wildfire....
wildfire is a really good idea, as long as they are away from the ice wall and like, civilization. Any chance they will think of it before WW army reaches winterfell?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 29, 2017, 05:49 PM

Do they even have any wildfire left? Tyrion had the fire-master halt production for Cersei for his plan at the Blackwater, then Cersei used hers in rather spectacular fashion which I assume consumed quite a bit more.

Classist bigot and incurable ideologue

Waragainstsleep
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 29, 2017, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Do they even have any wildfire left? Tyrion had the fire-master halt production for Cersei for his plan at the Blackwater, then Cersei used hers in rather spectacular fashion which I assume consumed quite a bit more.
That I suspect is an interesting issue. Does Tyrion know how its made? Do they need Qyburn to make it? Could Sam work it out?
I guess we'll see.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

andi*pandi
Aug 29, 2017, 08:16 PM

I thought Qyburn made some?

If sam could cure greyscale, he can make wildfire.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 30, 2017, 10:57 AM

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 30, 2017, 01:05 PM

Series-level spoiler prediction I read somewhere else.

andi*pandi
Aug 30, 2017, 01:28 PM

That would be a kick in the pants.

As for Sam, presumably someone wrote down the recipe for wildfire so he can read it.

Waragainstsleep
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 30, 2017, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
That would be a kick in the pants.

As for Sam, presumably someone wrote down the recipe for wildfire so he can read it.
Yes but it would have been Qyburn. Unless Tyrion can remember it, that makes life interesting.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

ZimphiresRagingBoner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2017, 10:45 PM

Littlefinger was the best character. **** all of westeros for killing off the most clever, heartwarming character in the show. Sure, he wasn't perfect. Sure, he was sometimes selfish.

He did lots of good things though, started from modest beginnings, was a small business owner, and when he graduated his position to master of coin, he increased the revenue of Kings Landing by 4 times. He saw how much of a dick Joffery was, and arranged to have him killed, then rescued Sansa from dangerous accusations by getting her out of there. He spotted Arya working for Tywin, but he always loved Arya, and did not rat her out. He told Cat about it a few episodes later. He rescued John Snow and all the wildlings AND Sansa during the Battle of the Bastards, which basically saved ALL of westeros from the Night King's wrath.

Littlefinger was a ****ing hero.

Brien
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2017, 01:08 AM

Chaos is a ladder.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2017, 01:19 AM

Littlefinger was a dead man walking the moment he left Sansa w/ Ramsey, that was his greatest error.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

OreoCookie
Sep 28, 2017, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Littlefinger was a dead man walking the moment he left Sansa w/ Ramsey, that was his greatest error.
Yeah, agreed, that's not something Sansa would ever be able to forget. Plus, the attempt to instigate conflict between the Stark sisters was pedestrian by his standards. Also from a practical perspective, it's clear that the series creators needed the cull some characters to have a more focussed showdown between the undead and the living.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2017, 02:19 AM

I believe his character truly believed that he could just manipulate them at will. That they weren't people to fear and that he could toy with them. Even up to mere seconds before his death he thought he had complete control. Arrogance killed him and he utterly underestimated his opponents, revealing his greatest flaw, not giving young women enough credit.

At least that's my view and it keeps the show from looking bad, so I choose to believe that. Otherwise I'd be so annoyed I couldn't watch it anymore.

OreoCookie
Sep 28, 2017, 02:35 AM

Arrogance killed him and he utterly underestimated his opponents, revealing his greatest flaw, not giving young women enough credit.
I would agree, especially after he started tutoring Sansa. (As an aside, Sansa developed from the most annoying character bar none to someone who has quite a few badass moments.)

P
Sep 28, 2017, 05:10 AM

The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2017, 07:37 AM

Littlefinger was a dead man walking the moment the show decided it wanted to be more about big newsworthy battle set pieces than the type of character development that actually made it good.
Fixed?
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

OreoCookie
Sep 28, 2017, 08:28 AM

@P
Good points, Arya said exactly that in the first few minutes of season 1, episode 1.

P
Sep 28, 2017, 08:45 AM

And in other news, Jon Snow and Ygritte are getting married. Not on the show.

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Fixed?
I think his time had come no matter what. GRRM originally plotted this as one book of political maneuvering (Game of Thrones), one book of a civil war (Clash of Kings), one book of reuniting the realm under a Targayen ruler (Dance of Dragons) and one book of fighting the White Walkers (Winds of Winter). Littlefinger is a product of the first era and he has survived in the second, but we are now in the third and moving towards the fourth. His time is over just as much as Ned's was at the end of the first season.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

andi*pandi
Sep 28, 2017, 10:08 AM

really good comments P. Arya would never want to be lady of winterfell, but of course people who don't know her would assume that. What had me worried is how paranoid Sansa had become and trusting in Littlefinger.

Agreed w capt also, Littlefinger miscalculated when he gave Sansa to Bolton.

And.reg
The Mighty
Location: Well the sports issue was within arm's reach but they closed up shop and kicked me out. And I'm out of toilet paper.
Sep 28, 2017, 07:25 PM

Littlefinger's murder-in-secret at the Moon Door gave me chills. Season after season, however, I just found that he talked more and twisted the plot less. To me, his time seemed up at Season 7. I was expecting Littlefinger to be hung or decapitated, something more dramatic than just little Ayra's throat slit to do justice.

Originally Posted by P View Post
This?! Hot dog I guess he knows "something" after all, don't ya, lucky Jon Snow
This one time, at Boot Camp, I stuck a flute up my PC.

ZimphiresRagingBoner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 29, 2017, 01:07 AM

FALSE ACCUSATIONS. I mean. Yeah, it was an error. He didn't know about Ramsey being ****ed up. But thanks to LF, Jon Snow retook winterfell and Ramsey is now dead. Without our hero Petry Baelish, all of westeros would be ****ed! Right proper ****ed!

ZimphiresRagingBoner
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 29, 2017, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by And.reg View Post
Littlefinger's murder-in-secret at the Moon Door gave me chills. Season after season, however, I just found that he talked more and twisted the plot less. To me, his time seemed up at Season 7. I was expecting Littlefinger to be hung or decapitated, something more dramatic than just little Ayra's throat slit to do justice.

This?! Hot dog I guess he knows "something" after all, don't ya, lucky Jon Snow
He could have convinced the Night King that his enemy was to the North.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 1, 2017, 02:20 AM

Good little video.

And.reg
The Mighty
Location: Well the sports issue was within arm's reach but they closed up shop and kicked me out. And I'm out of toilet paper.
Oct 5, 2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by P View Post
I've been thinking for a while about how they could build this into the plot for Season 8. Jon Snow already banished Lady of Light from the north, yet he owes her his life. The two are likely to have an encounter, where she will remind him of that. I wonder if she'll prompt the question: "So, do you love me for saving your life? Or, do you still love Ygritte, the one whom you yourself burned north of the wall?" I wonder if he will be affected emotionally enough to put him in a weaker position to bring his leadership into question.
This one time, at Boot Camp, I stuck a flute up my PC.

loqeradude
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 3, 2017, 12:44 AM

I've been looking for a post similar to my question, but I could not find it.

Hello mates, I would speculate on possible new scenes from the writers of the series. In the first season there were many doubts and little discussions about the conversation between Robert and Cersei, -I liked- In this second season, I will like to know how the possible new scenes. What will change or invent?

Waragainstsleep
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 3, 2017, 01:01 AM

Second season?

Brien
Professional Poster
Nov 3, 2017, 02:47 AM

Spam account?

andi*pandi
Nov 3, 2017, 01:50 PM

If Vietnam is only just now getting to season two.... a) DO NOT READ THIS THREAD and b) ENJOY SEASON 3 HAHAHAHAHAHA

loqeradude
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2017, 12:30 AM

Can't wait. I wish we got a full season but I'll take it! Not going to rewatch anything but I did rewatch the one with the Hodor origin a few days ago... I forgot what triggered or made me want to see that one again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules