Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > My apology to L'enfanTerrible

My apology to L'enfanTerrible
driven
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2002, 03:24 PM

I've been a little hard on the guy. For quite some time he sounded like a troll that used to knock around these parts.

His posts of the past two days however have altered my opinion somewhat. While I still generally disagree with some of his points or positions, his recent posts have been well thought out, well reasoned, clearly expressed and provocative.

Since I pride myself on not being a hypocrite and never being too big to say that I was wrong I hereby offer my sincerest apology to L'enfanTerrible.

Now let's get back to bickering about whatever is the issue du'jour.

file
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 10, 2002, 03:29 PM

i came around a few days before the "sig wars" and i instantly assumed he was the moron king of all moron kings

i apologize too

but he didn't help his case. he should have changed his sig and went on with his life and his rep here at macnn would be much better

so cheers mate

tell your kid i challenge him to a beer drinking contest anytime anywhere! :mad:

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Oct 10, 2002, 03:34 PM

i was touched, when he used my name in his sig...
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Oct 10, 2002, 03:39 PM

Thank you, those are kind words. I'm guilty too of making some presumptions about the people on the board, but lately I've found it's easier and more productive to just respect everybody no matter what their views.

Moron King of all Moron Kings?! I'm just glad I can take a leadership role

arrested502
Senior User
Oct 10, 2002, 03:52 PM

I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

Let's all hug and sing Kum-Ba-Ya

"I'm verklempt! A peanut is niether a pea-nor a nut, DISCUSS!!"
"Devil ether, it makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel. Total loss of all basic motor skills. Blurred vision. No balance. Numb Tongue. The mind recoills in horror. Unable to communicate with the spinal column. Which is interresting, because you can watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can't control it"

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2002, 04:59 PM

Yeah I don't.

Just because he has started all his recent posts with, "Gee Mrs. Clever that was a great post thanks for contributing" does not mean they are more intelligent.
His regurgitation of googled facts still don't hold much water with me. Most of his comments are overly simplistic and not well thought out. His solutions to all situations may be idealistic but not based in the reality of the world we live in.
He has chilled out: although he still sends the occasional hate-mail private messages. Completely tolerable in recent days though, thanks to either his recent acquisition of pot or xanax.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 10, 2002, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Yeah I don't.

Just because he has started all his recent posts with, "Gee Mrs. Clever that was a great post thanks for contributing" does not mean they are more intelligent.
His regurgitation of googled facts still don't hold much water with me. Most of his comments are overly simplistic and not well thought out. His solutions to all situations may be idealistic but not based in the reality of the world we live in.
He has chilled out: although he still sends the occasional hate-mail private messages. Completely tolerable in recent days though, thanks to either his recent acquisition of pot or xanax.

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Oct 10, 2002, 05:09 PM

Jeez, you tell a guy to go f�ck himself once...

btw, showing respect for people who also respect you and contribute intelligently to your discussion should not be mocked. I should bump that thread so you can see what a real discussion looks like.

Still making fun of the mentally ill, eh Doctor Dubious?

[edit: " His regurgitation of googled facts still don't hold much water with me." --- now that's ironic.]

Forum Links
Forum Rules