Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > How long before bird flu hits North Amerca?

How long before bird flu hits North Amerca?
Rolling Bones
Banned
Feb 19, 2006, 11:29 PM

Will Millions of farm fowl have to be killed?
How will that help if wild fowl spread it?
Is there an expert here?
Color me curious.
Can Dick Cheney fix this? (just kidding)

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/nation...lu-060219.html

Frick! that should be Amer[i]ca in the title.
( Last edited by Rolling Bones; Feb 19, 2006 at 11:39 PM. )

bboisvert
Feb 20, 2006, 03:05 AM

Which Bird Flu, because a Bird Flu outbreak happens every year or two in North America. Last 2 I can remmeber was one outside of Vancouver a year ago and one in Washington State a couple years before that

volcano
Senior User
Feb 20, 2006, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rolling Bones
Can Dick Cheney fix this? (just kidding)
Of course he can!

http://dickcheneyquailhunt.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

t6hawk
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2006, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by bboisvert
Which Bird Flu, because a Bird Flu outbreak happens every year or two in North America. Last 2 I can remmeber was one outside of Vancouver a year ago and one in Washington State a couple years before that
I'm not surprised people outside the lower mainland (and especially south of the border) don't know about the last outbreak or two. If I'm not mistaken it was a different type of bird flu than what hit Asia and killed those people.
:)

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 20, 2006, 11:53 AM

I have no idea at all. Hope that the restrictions in place will work

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

t6hawk
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2006, 07:03 PM

So far the restrictions are working quite well. I haven't heard of any new cases in a while now.
:)

bboisvert
Feb 21, 2006, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by t6hawk
I'm not surprised people outside the lower mainland (and especially south of the border) don't know about the last outbreak or two. If I'm not mistaken it was a different type of bird flu than what hit Asia and killed those people.
[FONT='Times New Roman']Similar strain, N5 something, not quite the deadly one. but Bird Flu is very common already[/FONT]

tavilach
Mac Elite
Mar 1, 2006, 02:31 AM

The instant it can be spread from human to human is the instant I temporarily quit school and go home to be with my family, assuming people actually start dying from it. Which means that the instant it hits North America is the instant I get really scared. So I hope that instant is far in the future.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

analogika
Posting Junkie
Mar 1, 2006, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by tru12
Hi friend
Now days your recent situation has been patchy but is expected to deliver good soon, Yes really friend you are very hopeful to be recover from bird flu infection, Everybody knows that a small gesture makes big difference. Be hopeful and have patience, I am giving you some information, you have concentrate mind on freshness, take tamiflu drug, for more information see- http://www.isuckcockforfood.asshole use it and got benefit
This spam **** is really getting out of hand lately, "friend".

Forum Links
Forum Rules