Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Where can I find tax help online?

Where can I find tax help online?
SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 25, 2007, 05:00 PM

I've poked around IRS.gov and the state websites in question (NY and DC). I can't really find any information on specific tax questions. I moved from NY to DC in July last year, and I need to figure out how to split up taxable income from a limited liability partnership that I have shares in that does all of its business in a completely unrelated third state. Is my best bet just to call the help lines for these states, or is there some kind of online resource as well?

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 25, 2007, 05:23 PM

TurboTax?
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

SpaceMonkey  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 25, 2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by RAILhead View Post
TurboTax?
Unfortunately, TurboTax expects you to know the answers for the questions that it asks.

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 25, 2007, 05:35 PM

Give H&R Bloc a call - they will generally talk you through things if you look like you might be a customer, and if you are really not sure about things, it might be worth the 100bucks to have them prep your taxes this year.

Forum Links
Forum Rules