Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Can't mount my iDisk.

Can't mount my iDisk.
gaffa
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2002, 02:45 PM

I have been having trouble mounting my iDisk (no jokes please). Apple are aware, but I thought that there is no harm in asking here as well. If I try to mount it using Go - iDisk (Finder), or iTools tab at Apple site (seems to be down at the moment, as well as the Knowledge Base?), I get this in the console log:

webdav: checking server URL: Operation not supported by device

If I try to mount it via Go - Connect to server (Finder) I get a dialog box with:

Try again later or try a different URL (server returned error 19).

Can anyone tell me anything about error 19 (I can't access the knowledge base at the moment).

I have tried entering NTL's and Apple's DNS server addresses in the Network Preferences, but no joy.

Cheers

Gaffa.

gaffa  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 27, 2002, 08:01 AM

I have been researching the above, and in my particular case it seems to be a problem with Inktomi's Traffic Server. It is fixed in version 4.
I also found a reference to a very helpful page (especially if you are in the UK) Useful page

I hope that this will of use to someone else.

My thanks go to Greg Stein and Joe Orton.

Cheers

Gaffa.

Forum Links
Forum Rules