Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > FCP HD disaster - various windows have vanished

FCP HD disaster - various windows have vanished
drissa
Dedicated MacNNer
May 31, 2005, 08:19 PM

Hi

My friend and I have spent all evening working on a project. I think he went for a 'command-S' and hit something else instead, losing the timeline and main playback screen. FCP (HD) then unexpectedly quit and when we reopened it, it was still only displaying the browser and viewer panes. The other panes (timeline, etc) are greyed-out and we don't seem to be able to access our project at all - even though it will open.

This is rather worrying. We have a recent edit, but seem to have lost an evenings work. The file doesn't appear to be corrupt in any way and other projects open with all windows available.

Any thoughts? We're stumped.

Many thanks
Ben

willab
Mac Enthusiast
May 31, 2005, 09:48 PM

I think you just closed your sequence. Double click on the sequence in the browser.
Dual 1.8 GHz G5
PB G4 1.67 GHz

drissa  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 1, 2005, 04:31 AM

I'm not sure it's that. We can select the tab which represents our sequence in the browser. But nothing is displayed, the options to open the other windows isn't available and the panel layouts are unselectable, even when I create a new one in another project.

I'll refer my friend to this, though, and he can check it out.

willab
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2005, 01:25 PM

Not the tab, that represents the project, the icon in the browser is the sequence. By default I think it is labeled sequence 1.
Dual 1.8 GHz G5
PB G4 1.67 GHz

drissa  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 1, 2005, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by willab
Not the tab, that represents the project, the icon in the browser is the sequence. By default I think it is labeled sequence 1.
Thanks, we'll try that tonight.

drissa  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 1, 2005, 06:02 PM

Thanks - we feel rather stupid...

Forum Links
Forum Rules