Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > What cable for AirTunes?

What cable for AirTunes?
No Time 4 Love Dr. Jones
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2005, 04:13 PM

Exactly what cable do I need in order to plug in an Airport Express station for AirTunes usage into my stereo? I see that the unit does not come with one. Or does it?

EDIT: I feel like a douche here, but am I right in thinking that I could plug an ethernet cable from my wired router into the the AP Express and it will work as a wireless transmitter, without the need for a dedicated wireless router?
( Last edited by No Time 4 Love Dr. Jones; Nov 2, 2005 at 04:20 PM. )

Stecchino
Forum Regular
Nov 2, 2005, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by No Time 4 Love Dr. Jones
Exactly what cable do I need in order to plug in an Airport Express station for AirTunes usage into my stereo? I see that the unit does not come with one.
When I purchased mine a couple of months ago (08/2005) it did not come with any audio cable. The only audio cable that plugs into the AE is a mini headphone jack. Whatever is on the other end of that cable is up to you and depends on your stereo.

rwhiffen
Nov 3, 2005, 12:30 PM

To plug it into your stereo you'll need a mini-stereo jack to two RCA plug cable. Just about anywhere that sells audio cables have 'em.

Yes, you can plug the ariport via ethernet. I'll look like another PC on your network. That's how I had mine setup for a while. You can then use the airport express as an access point for wireless access.

Cheers,

Rich

rwhiffen
Nov 3, 2005, 12:40 PM

To plug it into your stereo you'll need a mini-stereo jack to two RCA plug cable. Just about anywhere that sells audio cables have 'em.

Yes, you can plug the ariport via ethernet. I'll look like another PC on your network. That's how I had mine setup for a while. You can then use the airport express as an access point for wireless access.

Cheers,

Rich

Forum Links
Forum Rules