Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > safari crashes more since update

safari crashes more since update
No Time 4 Love Dr. Jones
Forum Regular
Sep 29, 2007, 05:27 PM

Since the 1.1.1 update, Safari has been crashing much more often for me. It happens mostly when loading sites on EDGE with a lot of content. I see crashes probably every 3rd time I use safari now, it's very annoying. Anyone else having this problem?

pmo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 29, 2007, 10:12 PM

Was Safari crashing before the update? The reason why I ask is because from the time that I bought my iphone and upgraded to 1.0.2 Safari would crash at least every 4 times and Google maps would crash every 2nd time. It was really annoying. I felt like it should work better than that. I called apple care and the guy said that there were two steps they would try, the first was to do a complete restore and the second was if the restore didn't work, they would need me to send it in for repair. Anyway, I plugged my iPhone into my computer and in the itunes window that displays your iPhone I clicked restore. It wiped my phone and loaded a complete new version of the OS. That was 3 weeks ago and not one program has locked up or crashed since. My advice is to try a complete restore of the 1.1.1 OS by clicking "restore" in the itunes window. Be sure that you back up your calendars, contacts, bookmarks, and photos before you do this. Hope this helps.
pMo
"Eve was a mac fan girl."
(iphone 8GB, 17" powerbook G4 1.67GHz 2GB ram, 20" iMac G5 2.1GHz 1.5 GB ram)

Forum Links
Forum Rules