Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Airport Extreme Inactivy

Airport Extreme Inactivy
Saramin
Forum Regular
Apr 4, 2006, 01:20 PM

Continuing the current streak of clueless idiots begging for help from smart people, I'm about to type stuff. So, yay.

Up until now i had my airport extreme simply connected via a cat5 cable to my router broadcasting in dhcp mode and everything seemed to work fine. Recently however the indicator light is flashing orange and despite being able to join my home network I do not have internet access. I can still configure the base station, and setting it on a whim to manual or PPPoE turns the indicator back to green despite neither of the two settings working due to my cable provider. Plugging the cable directly into my powerbook's ethernet port works fine. I reset the base station, same issue. I'm not really sure what other information to provide, so ask away and I'll post it. I'm fairly inept at technical issues of this sort.

Many thanks. =)

Forum Links
Forum Rules