Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Guitar Hero 2

Guitar Hero 2 (Page 2)
DeathMan
Mac Elite
Dec 12, 2006, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
Niiice...

I knew about the easier hammer-ons and pull-offs (which really got me in the old title, especially Texas Flood), but I haven't had the full version of GH2, so I didn't know about the rest.

By easier, what does that mean? Are they more lenient? I have a hard time with fast runs. Much like my real life guitar playing. Woot!

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 12, 2006, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by DeathMan View Post
By easier, what does that mean? Are they more lenient? I have a hard time with fast runs. Much like my real life guitar playing. Woot!
Bingo

fhoubi
Senior User
Dec 14, 2006, 05:38 PM

I'm-a trying to wonder, wonder, wonder why you, wonder, wonder why you act so.

Gossamer  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 14, 2006, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by DeathMan View Post
Does "Expert" seem harder to anyone else?
Harder than 'Hard?' Don't know, I haven't tried hard. Harder in GH2 than 1? I had a much harder time getting through the songs on expert on 1, but of course I'm a much better player now. If anything they're easier on 2 because of the hammer-ons and pull-offs. I can't imagine Get Ready to Rokk with GH1 settings

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 14, 2006, 06:55 PM

Listen, little boys, none of you will ever be as good as this guy. He's amazing.

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Dec 14, 2006, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
Harder than 'Hard?' Don't know, I haven't tried hard. Harder in GH2 than 1? I had a much harder time getting through the songs on expert on 1, but of course I'm a much better player now. If anything they're easier on 2 because of the hammer-ons and pull-offs. I can't imagine Get Ready to Rokk with GH1 settings
No, I remember reading in an article when the game was released that the makers purposely made expert mode immensely harder because some people were able to play the expert career mode on perfect last game, so they decided to change it. I'll try and find the link later, but I'm pretty sure I read it through gamefly, so that means it was from IGN or one of those sources.

Gossamer  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 14, 2006, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
No, I remember reading in an article when the game was released that the makers purposely made expert mode immensely harder because some people were able to play the expert career mode on perfect last game, so they decided to change it. I'll try and find the link later, but I'm pretty sure I read it through gamefly, so that means it was from IGN or one of those sources.
Hm...I would not say it's 'immensely' harder. I probably won't get 5 stars on everything, but I most songs on the first try, and never more than three.

Forum Links
Forum Rules