Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Multiple iTools accounts from one Mac

Multiple iTools accounts from one Mac
Krusty
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2000, 01:15 AM

Has anyone set up multiple iTools accounts from the same base computer. I want to get both of my roomies email accounts that they can access through Outlook (or other standard email client) so they don't have to browse to hotmail everytime they want to check email. Also, they can store old messages locally which would free-up there already overflowing hotmail accounts.
I'd appreciate hearing from ANYONE who has sucessfully setup multiple iTools accounts on their machine. I read the (revised) iTools terms of service and saw no reference to how many accounts could be setup on one machine. Thanks in advance,
Krusty

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2000, 05:32 PM

I have four - one for me, one for the wife, and two for the kids. No problem, go for it.

Scott

Linda
Mar 5, 2000, 12:54 AM

Krusty,

I believe you'll need to download and run the iTools installer for each account you create. No sweat.

good luck,
Linda

Krusty  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 6, 2000, 01:55 PM

Hey, thanks guys/gals. When I figured out that I needed to download a new iTools installer, I feared that it would overwrite my first iTools account. (Wouldn't that suck, then I wouldn't be able to get a new installer for the old account because it would already be in use -- or so I mistakenly thought). I have now added new accounts without problem. Thanks for your help.

Forum Links
Forum Rules