Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > What SHOULD Happen To This SICKO?

What SHOULD Happen To This SICKO?
iWrite
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2004, 09:38 AM

READ HERE -- Local Story

It reminds me of Mary Kay LeTourneau, that woman that seduced that little boy up in Washington state.

Seriously, what SHOULD happen to this person?

And what would any of you do if you found out that this had happened to your own child?

Lerkfish
Jan 8, 2004, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by iWrite:
READ HERE -- Local Story

It reminds me of Mary Kay LeTourneau, that woman that seduced that little boy up in Washington state.

And what would any of you do if you found out that this had happened to your own child?

punishment should be the same for child molestors who are male. Same crime. Don't know why this would be any more or less sick than a male molestor molesting a boy or girl.
Its ALL warped, no matter how you slice it.
No child should have to deal with that situation.

the last question I'd prefer not to contemplate. I have a 5 year old son. I am not a violent man, so I don't know how I would deal with the rage I'd have if he was ever harmed or molested. It would take a lot of soul searching on my part. I could not guarantee that my feelings against nonviolence would remain intact in that instance, but until in that situation I don't know, and god forbid I ever have to find out.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2004, 10:00 AM

She should get the same punishment as anyone else.

Sort of offtopic but nevertheless...this story was huge in Britain for quite a while. He was known to have committed offenses in the past yet he still managed to get a job in a school. W T F?!

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2004, 10:14 AM

Cut off her balls.

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2004, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by lil'babykitten:
She should get the same punishment as anyone else.

Sort of offtopic but nevertheless...this story was huge in Britain for quite a while. He was known to have committed offenses in the past yet he still managed to get a job in a school. W T F?!
The problem was that although he had been investigated multiple times, he had never been convicted, so his prevous background never showed up in the check that the school did. There is a big Police investigation going on in order to find out why.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2004, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
Cut off her balls.
ROFL!!

(In before iWrite )

Cipher13
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2004, 10:31 AM

If that was my brother, or sister, or child, or other relation... my fury would know no bounds, and nor would her newfound understanding of pain.

iWrite  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2004, 10:33 AM

Did you see at the bottom of the article where the cops recorded her conversation with the boy? She tried to bribe him to keep quiet for $1000?

There is no doubt in my mind that she's toast.

She has absolutely no defense. I have an 11-year old and if I found out that a 50-year old teacher from his school had seduced him I'd probably end up in jail over it -- seriously.

On the other hand, I ALWAYS know where my 11-year old boy is. ALWAYS. How did the mother (or stepmother) not know what was going on? I found that odd. I am close to my children so I really believe I'd pick up on some odd behavior, or even secretive behavior. And then there's the issue of him having a cell phone at the age of 12 or 13 -- as some of you like to say, "WTF?" WHY does a little kid need a cell phone? That's a kid that had too little parental interaction and supervision.

She should be locked up for life (the teacher) IMO, no parole. They need to throw the book at her and make an example out of her.

pimephalis
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 8, 2004, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
If that was my brother, or sister, or child, or other relation... my fury would know no bounds, and nor would her newfound understanding of pain.
Ditto. I am the father of two very young boys (amost 4 and 9 months), and consider myself to be a peaceful man. I haven't been a fight since Kindergarten, and genearlly like most everyone I meet. I am a pacifist and a forgiving person. I love a lot of people.

However, the scariest dreams I have ever had involve me killing someone who is abusing (physically or sexually) young children. With my bare hands. In an animal manner.

Should someone hurt my boys, I would likely butcher them in ways that would make the Huns queasy.
Swimming upstream since 1994.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2004, 11:33 AM

She should get the same punishment that "she" would get if all the genders were reversed. No more, no less. That's what equality is.

As for what I'd do? I know what I'd like to think I'd do, namely avoid that person for the rest of my life (after pressing appropriate charges, of course). Because unfortunately, I know what I probably would end up doing if I ever encountered the person again: ripping them apart piece by bloody piece.

Unfortunately, what I probably would do is hunt down the perpetrator like a dog, and then proceed with the above.

Despite some of the opinions I've voiced here and my involvement in the martial arts, I don't actually like fighting and violence, particularly when there are alternatives (though I'd like to think I'm smart enough to recognize that sometimes, there are no alternatives). But I know my limitations, and I doubt I'd be able to control myself in the face of rage like that.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2004, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by Mediaman_12:
The problem was that although he had been investigated multiple times, he had never been convicted, so his prevous background never showed up in the check that the school did. There is a big Police investigation going on in order to find out why.
Meh. They should just give me the money they're spending on the investigation and I'll tell them why: Because our authorities are a bunch of bumbling third-rate idiots who couldn't organise a pub-crawl in Burton.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2004, 12:20 PM

was the teacher a hot MILF? need pics. if it was some old scag, then off with her head. if she is some hot bitch that can handle a flute, i'd wish i was 11 again.

memento
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2004, 12:37 PM

READ HERE -- Local Story

1. Let the investigation run it's course.
2. IF she is guilty, then she should get the same punishment as anyone else would get in this case.
3. If that was my child, I can't even say what I'd do. Fury. With no bounds? I can't say that. I'd make her life hell one way or another.

residentEvil - I haven't laughed that hard from a post in the lounge in a long time! hysterical.
"Destroy your ego. Trust your brain. Destroy your beliefs. Trust your divinity." -Danny Carey

MacPro Quad 2.66, G4 MDD dual 867, 23" Cinema Display and 17" LCD, G4 Quicksilver dual 800, 12" Powerbook 867, iMac 300 Grape, B&W G3/300 with G4/450 running yellowdog, iPod 5GB, iPod mini, PowerCenter 150, Powercenter 132 tower, Performa 6116, Quadra 700, MacSE, LC II, eMate 300

:XI:
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2004, 12:42 PM

The teacher befriended his family, eventually inviting him and his two younger brothers to sleepovers at her Boca Raton home, sheriff's officials say.
hmm...

I'd think there was something amiss if my kids* teacher invited them to sleep over.

*I don't have any kids. but my comment stands.

Rain
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 8, 2004, 01:01 PM

Throw her in jail and let the other inmates take care of her. Even better, throw her in an all males jail and let them take care of her.

PB2K
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2004, 03:00 PM

Prisoners don't like sex-offenders, especially not offenders who committed their crimes to children. I think all the depressed mothers doing hard time will teach her that the coming years
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jan 8, 2004, 03:18 PM

String her up by her test.... Oh.

(Damn it. Spheric beat me to the first line.)

Anyway, she's got problems. She'll certainly pay for them.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2004, 03:21 PM

Originally posted by MindFad:
String her up by her test.... Oh.

(Damn it. Spheric beat me to the first line.)
You could have replaced the 'est' in 'test' with a 'its' I suppose.

or not.

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2004, 04:07 PM

interesting that she befriended the family and invited the boy and siblings for sleepovers...

sounds like a pattern...just like jacko

wolfen
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2004, 05:21 PM

Some of us have to deal with this in real life...not just on an internet forum.

All I can tell you is that it's a lot more difficult up close. The firebomb idea struck more than once. You name the method of torture/murder/murder-suicide...you get to imagine all of it very vividly. Those are the times you tally what you have *left* to lose.

If you're lucky, it's not worth it. If not, then as the Monopoly card says "Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200."

If you manage to avert that little crisis without violence, next come the decades of internal resolution...a process that never seems to end.

wolfen
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

wolfen
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2004, 05:22 PM

Just to clarify on my post: I wasn't the victim in my case.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2004, 05:50 PM

To quote author Terry Goodkind...

[paraphrased] Force said creature to remove their sex and consume it. Then send them to a exceedingly violent jail.

Alternately, make them curse their mother for ever meeting their father (anyone who knows Goodkind's work will get this). Pain upon unending pain.

These people are an insult to humanity.

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2004, 06:41 PM

Humanity isn't all it's cracked up to be.

iWrite  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2004, 06:48 PM

Face Ache said
Humanity isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Well, it most certainly is in SOME cases -- if you look at humanity bent over and from behind.

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2004, 07:07 PM

Well, it most certainly is in SOME cases -- if you look at humanity bent over and from behind.

Death gags.

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Cubeoid
Baninated
Jan 8, 2004, 10:59 PM

Originally posted by residentEvil:
was the teacher a hot MILF? need pics. if it was some old scag, then off with her head. if she is some hot bitch that can handle a flute, i'd wish i was 11 again.
LOL

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2004, 05:58 AM

Originally posted by wolfen:

All I can tell you is that it's a lot more difficult up close. The firebomb idea struck more than once. You name the method of torture/murder/murder-suicide...you get to imagine all of it very vividly. Those are the times you tally what you have *left* to lose.

If you're lucky, it's not worth it. If not, then as the Monopoly card says "Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200."

If you manage to avert that little crisis without violence, next come the decades of internal resolution...a process that never seems to end.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2004, 06:05 AM

I somehow think that was a bit off, don't you think?
weird wabbit

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2004, 06:11 AM

Originally posted by wolfen:

wolfen
Been through that as well. Wasn't the victim but it was bloody damn hell all the same. And what it does to the victim is simply so bad that one wonders how some people even survive it.

That said, in our case the victim turned into a fine person after many years of suffering but some scars remain for life I think.
weird wabbit

iWrite  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2004, 07:19 AM

Why was my comment "off?"

It was a humorous comment meant literally and figuratively.

People act like asses all of the time. That's my point.

If you want to say that something is "off" then pick any number of the comments in this thread, including someone saying, basically, that if the teacher is good looking then she's a "MILF" for example.

(I would say she's a TILF, not a MILF, though.)

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Jan 9, 2004, 10:15 AM

If the teacher's hot, then congrats to the kid.

[over the top] I'm guessing she's some huge nasty bitch that has to pray on her students because she lost her "crotch post" in her trailer and needs some sexual stimulation.

solution: I say they nail her to a wall and open her ribcage so her intestines spill out, then let pigs eat her organs til she dies. [/over the top]

Lerkfish
Jan 9, 2004, 10:57 AM

I think there's a mistaken concept that pedophiles who are women are somehow less damaging or more entertaining, whatever.
However, if the teacher were male, and molesting the same boy (or a girl), there wouldn't be this wink-wink attitude from some.

I think any child who is molested is going to have a lot to deal with, no matter the gender of the molestor. Its still wrong.

I see the same wrong attitude about sexual harrassment if the harrasser is a woman. People just yuk it up when that happens, but its STILL creepy.
I was (among other men) sexually harrassed at a previous workplace, and it was difficult to bring up exactly because of this nonchalant attitude (you should have ENJOYED it).
The point is anytime someone uses their power or authority to coerce you into sex or to make advances to you, YOU ARE A VICTIM.

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2004, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
I think there's a mistaken concept that pedophiles who are women are somehow less damaging or more entertaining, whatever.
However, if the teacher were male, and molesting the same boy (or a girl), there wouldn't be this wink-wink attitude from some.

I think any child who is molested is going to have a lot to deal with, no matter the gender of the molestor. Its still wrong.

I see the same wrong attitude about sexual harrassment if the harrasser is a woman. People just yuk it up when that happens, but its STILL creepy.
I was (among other men) sexually harrassed at a previous workplace, and it was difficult to bring up exactly because of this nonchalant attitude (you should have ENJOYED it).
The point is anytime someone uses their power or authority to coerce you into sex or to make advances to you, YOU ARE A VICTIM.
weird wabbit

historylme
Mac Elite
Jan 9, 2004, 02:20 PM

entrox
Senior User
Jan 9, 2004, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:

You are absolutely right: a male can be harassed or even raped by a woman. But still, when I was 13 years old, I would have given anything to screw my English teacher. In fact, I'd screw her even today if I could.

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2004, 09:20 PM

Originally posted by rozwado1:
If the teacher's hot, then congrats to the kid.

[over the top] I'm guessing she's some huge nasty bitch that has to pray on her students because she lost her "crotch post" in her trailer and needs some sexual stimulation.

solution: I say they nail her to a wall and open her ribcage so her intestines spill out, then let pigs eat her organs til she dies. [/over the top]
Oh... you like the Viking method of punsihment then...

See my earlier post... force said semi-human to consume her own sexual organs. [/really over the top]

Repulsive thing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules