Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Instructions for obtaining cheap iPods on eBay, for real?

Instructions for obtaining cheap iPods on eBay, for real?
Thread Tools
Psychonaut
Mac Enthusiast
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Republic of New Hampshire
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 23, 2004, 07:40 PM
 
I've seen instructions for how to get anything and everything at rockbottom prices on eBay, ranging from hdtvs to dvd players to now iPods. Has anyone actually bought "instructions" like these before? The only thing I've sent off to similar is how to create a hovercraft from Boys' Life Magazine.

I'd love to buy an iPod, especially for cheap. But these things _must_ be a rip off, gotta be.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41002
DBGFHRGL!
     
gorickey
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Retired.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 23, 2004, 07:42 PM
 
If it's a too good to be true, it probably is...

Ring a bell?
     
chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 23, 2004, 07:56 PM
 
Don't trust it.
     
Agasthya
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Seattle, WA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 23, 2004, 08:02 PM
 
Originally posted by Psychonaut:
I've seen instructions for how to get anything and everything at rockbottom prices on eBay, ranging from hdtvs to dvd players to now iPods. Has anyone actually bought "instructions" like these before? The only thing I've sent off to similar is how to create a hovercraft from Boys' Life Magazine.

I'd love to buy an iPod, especially for cheap. But these things _must_ be a rip off, gotta be.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41002
I'll save you $5.00.

www.freegiftplanet.com

and yes, it is legit. I've received Gran Turismo 3 and an 8MB Playstation 2 memory card from them. I'm about 2000 points away from a PS2.

Although it is damn near impossible to get an iPod now because they removed a lot of their high point offers and substituted them with credit card offers.

Hell, I can even give you my excel spreadsheet with all the offers I've done and the cost of each one, etc. if you want it, just PM me.
( Last edited by Agasthya; Feb 23, 2004 at 08:10 PM. )
     
Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Bellevue, WA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 23, 2004, 08:33 PM
 
I can't stop laughing while reading the eBay listing.
     
pimephalis
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Rouge River
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 23, 2004, 09:07 PM
 
Swimming upstream since 1994.
     
Truepop
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 23, 2004, 09:23 PM
 
what I don't understand is eBay will help the corporations to keep other illegal matters down that are bad for consumers but even more bad to corporations. Yet they won't cancel these info auctions.
     
Truepop
Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2003
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 23, 2004, 09:29 PM
 
Originally posted by Agasthya:
I'll save you $5.00.

www.freegiftplanet.com

and yes, it is legit. I've received Gran Turismo 3 and an 8MB Playstation 2 memory card from them. I'm about 2000 points away from a PS2.

Although it is damn near impossible to get an iPod now because they removed a lot of their high point offers and substituted them with credit card offers.

Hell, I can even give you my excel spreadsheet with all the offers I've done and the cost of each one, etc. if you want it, just PM me.
so you got a game and memory card before you got a game console?
     
Agasthya
Professional Poster
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Seattle, WA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Feb 23, 2004, 09:34 PM
 
Originally posted by Truepop:
so you got a game and memory card before you got a game console?
I ordered them to make sure the site was legit before going all out for the console.
( Last edited by Agasthya; Feb 23, 2004 at 09:47 PM. )
     
   
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,