Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Apple Menu "Submenus" problems...

Apple Menu "Submenus" problems...
[osX]RTouris
Jul 19, 2002, 11:10 PM

I've got some folders that appear in the Apple Menu so that navigation is easier for me. However after some point I began having problems with it in that the submenus of my folders do not appear after a restart (the folders reside in the startup disk). Control Panels submenus do appear normally, as well as "recent documents" and "recent applications". The only ones who lack those arrows which navigate to the next sublevel are the ones that I've placed in the Apple Menu Items. The strange thing is that I've already done the following:

1. Rebuilt the desktop
2. Erased the Finder prefs, Apple Menu prefs, System prefs and some more
3. Ran Disk Doctor which found no problems..

None of the above seems to fix this issue. Any ideas? Btw, by erasing and replacing the folders with new ones, immediatelly resumes normal operation of the submenus, until the next time I startup that is, at which point the chances are 50/50 that I'll get the submenus and so forth...

This is using MacOS 9.2.2

<small>[ 07-19-2002, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: [osX]RTouris ]</small>

Tom_O
Jul 20, 2002, 07:39 PM

&nbsp;
See if <a href="http://www.octave.net/BeHierarchic/US/Download.html" target="_blank">BeHierarchic 4.2</a> functions better for you.

Tom

Forum Links
Forum Rules