Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > BT mouse or 3 button mouse?

BT mouse or 3 button mouse?
Nelsun
Nov 30, 2003, 05:00 PM

Guys-

I'm contemplating a BT or a 3-button 3rd party wired mouse after I discovered that the old Apple Optical mouse I use on my new 17" PB was freezing at random times while using it. I think I've got it figured it's the mouse cable.

Anyway, does anyone have issues with BT and Airport useage at the same time, any interference problems? I read the past postings after a search and it looks like the majority so far feel the Apple BT mouse works great. But I'll likely need to update the BT software.

Also, I've never used a 3 button mouse in my life, always Apple one button.

I do CAD work and Photoshop and illustrator work, and I know my friends tell me how great a 3 button mouse is to program and save time and operations with programmed buttons. Is it really that great using a 3 button mouse?

Thanks! Nelson

kpne1home
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 30, 2003, 07:04 PM

I have a wireless 2 button mouse with a scroll wheel and love it. It was defidently a good buy at $30. I also love the wireless, only problem is that you have to change the batteries on it.

I would go with the 3 button because it's probally cheaper and has the extra buttons. Bad thing, it's probally usb and you need to plug the receiver part in.

On the otherhand, the bluetooth doesn't need the receiver so it will take up less space.

Think of those options and pick what you think is right for you. Good luck.

Forum Links
Forum Rules