Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Macbook keeps restarting

Macbook keeps restarting
ag.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2008, 02:50 AM

After I upgraded my MacBook from Tiger to Leopard it keeps on restarting. I've been using it normally and stuff. It usually restarts in three different scenarios:

1. I leave the MacBook on and come back to find it stuck and wanting me to restart it.
2. My internet slows down so i click the AirPort icon and the message comes up wanting me to restart it.
3. I'm just using it and suddenly the message comes up.

Here's a picture of the message...

PS: I tried re-booting it three times by clicking option, command, P & R. But it doesn't help...

Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 21, 2008, 03:16 AM

Did you do an upgrade or archive and install from Tiger? There have been a lot of issues with plain upgrades so I would recommend you do an archive and install. This will create a fresh system folder but keep your old user settings, documents, music etc.

ag.  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 21, 2008, 08:57 AM

It's an archive and install (i think). Since after the upgrade there were two folders. One is named System and the other is named Previous System.

Forum Links
Forum Rules