Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 2.16 20" Intel iMac

FS: 2.16 20" Intel iMac (Page 2)
macintologist
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2007, 07:00 PM

golden_zap needs to take an introductory economics class at his/her university

golden_zap  (op)
Aug 20, 2007, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
Jesus Christ. Just shut up and stop responding and no-one will respond. I'm not "accusing" you of anything.
Read your reply again and try to think before you reply. First you say that I need to shut up because I reply to my thread so much in the first sentence and then you say that you're not accusing me of bumping my thread in the second sentence.

Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
OMG SCAMMAR LOLZ
And why would you keep replying to this thread if you're not interested in buying? I think you're the one who needs to shut up here.

Originally Posted by CheesePuff View Post
$920 shipped for the iMac only, no iPod.
Sorry, would like the iPod to go as well with the iMac as a package.

Originally Posted by mattshepherd View Post
Fine, I didnt want to spend this much but i will give you $500 for it.
You're so funny, man.

Professional Poster
Aug 20, 2007, 11:19 AM

You won't let this die, will you?

*bump*

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Aug 21, 2007, 01:59 AM

golden_zap, on eBay you will be able to sell at a higher price, but eBay will demand a fee from you.

In the MacNN marketplace (and most other forum marketplaces) you get to advertise and sell your items fee-free, but you are bound to the board's feedback (and rules, spoken and unspoken).

I've tried to sell things on here at too-high a price as well. I've gotten feedback just like you. If it wasn't worth it to me, I would just drop it. If it was I'd lower the price. And I'm a student, too.

Either way, you have to just take the feedback and make the best of it. This is a FORUM. Any member can reply to your post and can do so unless they're out of line. (And posting about your asking price is not out of line.)

I know. It sucks. But try to be a little mature about it, reconsider your price and drop the subject which has been blown out of proportion. Just some friendly advice.

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2007, 10:38 AM

To the MacNN members aside from the OP...

Why not let it go? This guy is set on selling for how much he wants to sell, let him sell. I think you all can make offers, and if he says no, then that's a no. If he was truly interested on selling his machine, he would do the research himself and do comparisons...the Laws of Demand and Supply will come into effect and he will find that noone will purchase his machine unless there is a buyer who is very much ill-informed. Yes, it is sad if someone here joins and purchases an expensively price last rev machine, but as a consumer in a capitalisitc society, you must be well-informed in your purchases. (sorry, teach 12th grade Economics). Everything has a selling price, it just depends on if its worth selling at that offer.

Regardless, like many threads in the past where there is an overly priced item, potential buyers can offer....seller accepts/declines. If noone here is interested in his item, don't post. That will help push the thread to the bottom. I believe one of the rules on MacNN is no bumping of threads or else Mod's will lock the thread. I know this forum isn't like NotebookReview.com so if the OP does find the inclination to constantly bump his thread, he faces the repercussion of his actions.

Let this thread fade away in time...
2.16 C2D Whitebook, 4Gb RAM
2.0 C2D Whitebook, 2Gb RAM
2.16 C2D iMac
1.83 C2D iMac

jonasmac
Senior User
Location: Guam - where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Aug 21, 2007, 06:22 PM

Where are the mods anyway?

Forum Links
Forum Rules