Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Sheikh Yasin murdered.

Sheikh Yasin murdered. (Page 5)
itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by lil'babykitten:
Perhaps an even funnier part is that you don't realise what is about to happen......

(though maybe that's not a 'funny' part, rather a 'sad' part)
Well it's a colloquialism, so sue me

Troll
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by itai195:
I'd also argue that if Palestinian violence is 'understandable,' then so is Israeli violence -- the government is trying to protect its citizens from harm.
Just as the apartheid South African government was trying to protect ITS citizens from harm.

Zimphire
Baninated
Mar 22, 2004, 02:48 PM

I disagree with this statement entirely, but I'll go through the perfunctory motions of mentioning that the current intifada began before Sharon was even PM. I'd also argue that if Palestinian violence is 'understandable,' then so is Israeli violence -- the government is trying to protect its citizens from harm. Personally, I agree with Logic, I'd like all of the violence to stop. Arguing about who is the instigator and whose actions are 'justified' just adds more fuel to the fire...

For those of you advocating regime change in Israel, oh how ironic! You are, after all, the same people who argued that Iraq's totalitarian regime, responsible for tens- if not hundreds- of thousands of civilian deaths, should NOT have been forcibly changed through military means. You're the same people who constantly criticize the US for seeking regime change in other countries. And yet, you support regime change in a nation with a democratically elected government because you disagree with the current administration's policies. All I have to say is "interesting" ...

Yes, I find that interesting myself. Not surprised. But interesting.

I also don't seriously think that Yasin could have been arrested with less casualties. You've got to be kidding if you honestly believe that Hamas' supporters would just turn him over without a fight. Do you want another Jenin? I thought that was a massacre?

Oh come on, they could have just asked him to come along.

Zimphire
Baninated
Mar 22, 2004, 02:49 PM

Originally posted by Wiskedjak:
Yes, the side with Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Yeah how dare they protect themselves from terrorists!

They should just allow them to run them over.

Evil Jews!

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 02:51 PM

The funny part is you don't realize that this happens regularly...
That what happens regularly? Extra-judicial executions? Why do you think I'm so fed up with this BS?

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 02:53 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Yeah how dare they protect themselves from terrorists!

They should just allow them to run them over.

Evil Jews!
Who was talking about jews?

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by Logic:
That what happens regularly? Extra-judicial executions? Why do you think I'm so fed up with this BS?
No, rockets lobbed over the border into Northern Israel. All the terrorist activities for the next month or so can now neatly be categorized as a "reaction" to this assasination, and then Israel's retaliation will be categorized as a "reaction" to those terrorist attacks, and then...

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 02:58 PM

No, rockets lobbed over the border into Northern Israel. All the terrorist activities for the next month or so can now neatly be categorized as a "reaction" to this assasination, and then Israel's retaliation will be categorized as a "reaction" to those terrorist attacks, and then...
Did you read the article?

This was the first time since last autumn that missiles have been lobbed at Israeli troops in the occupied areas in the south of Lebanon. And that you classify this as terrorist attacks just shows on who's side you are on. They attacked Israeli troops in occupied areas. That is not terrorism.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 22, 2004, 03:06 PM

Who was talking about jews?
Exactly. I'm talking about an evil regime that incites violence from a population which it appears (to me) to want to eradicate, and then appears (to me) to use that violence as an excuse to attack that population ... perhaps even seeking to escalate the conflict to the point where they can finally be able to eradicate that population in the name of "self-defence" ... perhaps even "pre-emptively"

dcolton
Banned
Mar 22, 2004, 03:08 PM

Perhaps an even funnier part is that you don't realise what is about to happen......

Interesting...

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 03:10 PM

Did you read the article?

This was the first time since last autumn that missiles have been lobbed at Israeli troops in the occupied areas in the south of Lebanon. And that you classify this as terrorist attacks just shows on who's side you are on. They attacked Israeli troops in occupied areas. That is not terrorism.
Okay, I'll retract what I said because I was unclear. I referred in general to the actions of terrorist groups such as Hezbollah. Anyway, you know which 'side' I'm on, that doesn't mean I support violence.

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 03:12 PM

Okay, I'll retract what I said because I was unclear. I referred in general to the actions of terrorist groups such as Hezbollah. Anyway, you know which 'side' I'm on, that doesn't mean I support violence.
Fair enough.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2004, 03:13 PM

And that you classify this as terrorist attacks just shows on who's side you are on.
OK, and we don't know what side you are on?

What a bunch of apologists. All I hear from the bunch of you is that NOW Israel is gonna get it. Because before Hamas was just kidding around? Who cares if he was in a wheelchair. Do you think the people who support him are just going to sit around and watch him being arrested? Taking this guy in was going to be ugly either way. He's lucky they blew him up over wheeling his limped legged ass into a torture chamber.

By the way all this... "they don't know what's coming now" sounds like a pretty passive aggressive way to make a threat.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Lerkfish
Mar 22, 2004, 03:14 PM

Anyway, you know which 'side' I'm on, that doesn't mean I support violence.
nor does arguing that both sides in the conflict are complicit mean *I* support violence.

We need to move past that needless assumption and just argue the issues. Except for perhaps spliffdaddy, I don't think anyone is really supporting violence......riiiiiight?

oh.

never mind.

Lerkfish
Mar 22, 2004, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
OK, and we don't know what side you are on?

What a bunch of apologists. All I hear from the bunch of you is that NOW Israel is gonna get it. Because before Hamas was just kidding around? Who cares if he was in a wheelchair. Do you think the people who support him are just going to sit around and watch him being arrested? Taking this guy in was going to be ugly either way. He's lucky they blew him up over wheeling his limped legged ass into a torture chamber.

By the way all this... "they don't know what's coming now" sounds like a pretty passive aggressive way to make a threat.
or, it could just be trying to state that actions have consequences.
If I witness one person punch another person, and then the second person stab the first person, I'm not threatening anyone to point out I think the first person will attempt to retaliate.

dcolton
Banned
Mar 22, 2004, 03:23 PM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Very much agreed. Makes me wonder if they know what is going to happen and when. I wonder if some of the terrorist apologists would report a terror conspiracy, or if they would praise Allah in the wake of the deaths of innocent men, women, and children.

But I have a question: Why will America pay for Israel's actions? Because we support Israel, or because the murderers just want another excuse to eliminate their enemies (everyone but themselves?)

I suppose this is a "root cause" of terrorism. Israel should no better than trying to defend it's people from terrorist attacks.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:
We need to move past that needless assumption and just argue the issues.
A voice of sanity

That's precisely what alienated me from the debate on my college campus. There was no dialogue -- just a bunch of student groups who liked to shout over each other and act like they were actually accomplishing something.

fizzlemynizzle
Senior User
Mar 22, 2004, 03:29 PM

Hm. Are you implying specific knowledge of Hamas' plans? If so then you would be wise to notify the authorities of any terrorist acts before they're attempted.

Or are you simply saying that this person has no grasp of the obvious? Everyone is fully aware that there will be a retaliation from Hamas.

Lerkfish
Mar 22, 2004, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by dcolton:
Very much agreed. Makes me wonder if they know what is going to happen and when. I wonder if some of the terrorist apologists would report a terror conspiracy, or if they would praise Allah in the wake of the deaths of innocent men, women, and children.
um....no.
You guys really have a hard time with opinions that differ from your own...from "you should move to france" to "I wonder if they would report a terror conspiracy".

its that whole conservative lockstep "uncomfortable with noncomformity" mind meld thing, isn't it?

If it weren't so hilarious, it'd be pathetic....wait, its both.

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 03:36 PM

But I have a question: Why will America pay for Israel's actions? Because we support Israel, or because the murderers just want another excuse to eliminate their enemies (everyone but themselves?)

I suppose this is a "root cause" of terrorism. Israel should no better than trying to defend it's people from terrorist attacks.
Interesting that the ones so quick to label everyone anti-Semites leave comments like this unnoticed.

Your islamophobia is disgusting.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2004, 03:36 PM

Riiiight. That's how you guys handle this argument, isn't it? throw out the 'terrorist apologist' label or better yet, insinuate that some of us here are linked to the terrorist groups.

Not that you even deserve a levelled response but...Some of us here can see that Israel's actions today were a deliberate attempt to incite violent retaliation from the Palestinians. They knew Yasin was a popular figurehead and they knew it would cause immense anger amongst Hamas and its supporters.

You don't seem to realise the obvious and that is, that in the coming days we are guaranteed to see more bloodshed.

There's a good op-ed piece about today's attacks here. and the likely reason for which it was carried out. The underyling result of today's actions?
The overall lesson to be drawn from these events is that there is really no prospect for peace, that the roadmap has been rolled up and that another 20 years of war is the most likely scenario.
No idea why you're bringing America in to this. No one here, as far as I can see, has suggested that America is about to pay for Israel's actions

dcolton
Banned
Mar 22, 2004, 03:38 PM

um....no.
You guys really have a hard time with opinions that differ from your own...from "you should move to france" to "I wonder if they would report a terror conspiracy".

its that whole conservative lockstep "uncomfortable with noncomformity" mind meld thing, isn't it?

If it weren't so hilarious, it'd be pathetic....wait, its both.

Typical Lerk answer: Someone disagrees with me so let me attack!

It's hilarious. I am still waiting for the I am smarter that you nonesense and the +1 posts of "You don't understand".

After someone makes a comment like kitty's, it raises a bit of concern. It's obvious that that the murderers will retaliate...we would expect nothing less than these sub-human killers. But, for her to imply that we don't realise what is about to happen makes me wonder about her knowledge of upcoming murders. What do you know kitty? Would you report it if you did?

dcolton
Banned
Mar 22, 2004, 03:43 PM

No idea why you're bringing America in to this. No one here, as far as I can see, has suggested that America is about to pay for Israel's actions
I didn't bring America into this...the murderers are already warning us:

Hamas (search) has even warned they would retaliate with threats not only against Israel but against the United States, as well.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,114784,00.html

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2004, 03:48 PM

I didn't bring America into this...the murderers are already warning us:
Well, not that I'm inclined to believe a FOX news article. But if it's true, it wouldn't surprise me. We all know how biased America has behaved in favour of Israel in the past. Indeed America's piss poor comments today regarding the murder of Yasin proved that they cannot actually condemn anything Israel does.

Now, I don't suppose you could apologise for suggesting that I am affiliated with Hamas, could you?

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Mar 22, 2004, 03:51 PM

"Hamas (search) has even warned they would retaliate with threats not only against Israel but against the United States, as well."
Ah, FoxNews; the people who've brought us such stellar journalism as "Tenn. County Officials Seek to Ban Gays"

dcolton
Banned
Mar 22, 2004, 03:55 PM

Well, not that I'm inclined to believe a FOX news article. But if it's true, it wouldn't surprise me. We all know how biased America has behaved in favour of Israel in the past. Indeed America's piss poor comments today regarding the murder of Yasin proved that they cannot actually condemn anything Israel does.

Now, I don't suppose you could apologise for suggesting that I am affiliated with Hamas, could you?
So, if Fox News reports it, it isn't news? Do you think they made it up?

By the way, I never suggested you were affiliated with the murderers. But, while on the topic...would you report a conspiracy?

dcolton
Banned
Mar 22, 2004, 03:56 PM

Originally posted by Wiskedjak:
Ah, FoxNews; the people who've brought us such stellar journalism as "Tenn. County Officials Seek to Ban Gays"
If it weren't for that article, maybe the county would have slid under the radar. It was credible news. What was the matter with it?

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by Troll:

It takes a big, brave man to murder a quadriplegic by firing a missile from a helicopter into his wheelchair while he's being pushed home from morning prayers. It takes an even bigger man to murder the quadriplegic without worrying who else he murders in the process.
It takes a whole bunch of religious zealot doofuses to blindly follow some senile 'Grand Dragon' founder of a hateful terrorist group and turn a pathetic old man into some sort useless martyr worthy of fighting over in the first place.

Palestine has lots of big men too.
Big enough to realize that it's stupid to idolize a terrorist thug who�s brought nothing but downfall abd ruin on them, and to carry on a useless campaign of killing and terror as 'revenge' for his death? I guess we�ll see.

If the Palestinians are supposedly in the 'right', why don't they FOR ONCE take the high road and themselves call for an end, right here, right now?

I could actually regain some respect for the Palestinians if they would FOR ONCE try a non-violent approach instead of their usual insanity. They�ll bomb some more busses and pizza parlors and nightclubs and such, and then whine again when the organizers of those murders are taken out. Their insane position always hinges on the fallacy that Israelis won�t defend themselves.

Why doesn't **anyone** among the Palestinians stand up and say, "Enough of this crap is enough. Since this stupid terror thing isn�t working, and since it NEVER will, how about we try the peaceful non-violent approach that's worked for other groups?"
Maybe because they'd be SHOT for even suggesting it?

What would be the worst that could happen if Palestinians honestly did this? World opinion could shift significantly in their favor. It would sure as hell be a relief to the average Israeli citizen if they could go about their lives and business in peace. There�d BE NO reason for the Israeli military to respond to terror attackers- if the attacks ended.

But of course we all know, this would only come about if the zealots who pull the strings in Palestine (like this turd, as well as the likes of Arafat) had reasonable goals to begin with, and really just wanted peace for the Palestinians. They of course don�t, and their real goals are thinly veiled in violent insanity that will just continue on and on with this bullcrap.

Lerkfish
Mar 22, 2004, 04:01 PM

Typical Lerk answer: Someone disagrees with me so let me attack!

It's hilarious. I am still waiting for the I am smarter that you nonesense and the +1 posts of "You don't understand".

After someone makes a comment like kitty's, it raises a bit of concern. It's obvious that that the murderers will retaliate...we would expect nothing less than these sub-human killers. But, for her to imply that we don't realise what is about to happen makes me wonder about her knowledge of upcoming murders. What do you know kitty? Would you report it if you did?
um...dude...YOU were accusing another member of being a terrorist for expressing their opinion. If that's not an attack, what is? If I react to your attack by pointing out its an attack, you don't get to try to take the high road and act like I'm attacking you. Take responsibility for your own unsavory behaviour.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2004, 04:01 PM

So, if Fox News reports it, it isn't news? Do you think they made it up?
FOX + News don't go together. FOX + Lies and Propaganda maybe.

By the way, I never suggested you were affiliated with the murderers.
Makes me wonder if they know what is going to happen and when.
But, while on the topic...would you report a conspiracy?

Lerkfish
Mar 22, 2004, 04:02 PM

SBy the way, I never suggested you were affiliated with the murderers. But, while on the topic...would you report a conspiracy?
stop this crap, dcolton...you've been reported.

dcolton
Banned
Mar 22, 2004, 04:10 PM

For what? Simple question - no inferences, just a question with a simple yes or no answer. There is no baiting, no attacking. Simple question...to everyone. If you knew of a terrorist conspiracy to attack Israel, would you report it?

We already know that Lerk will report someone he doesn't agree with...

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2004, 04:16 PM

For what? Simple question - no inferences, just a question with a simple yes or no answer. There is no baiting, no attacking. Simple question...to everyone. If you knew of a terrorist conspiracy to attack Israel, would you report it?
Nice. I see you forgot your earlier posts, prior to your idiotic question, which is nothing less than an inference.

And I quote, for a second time:

Lerkfish
Mar 22, 2004, 04:17 PM

We already know that Lerk will report someone he doesn't agree with...
no, I will report people for abusing other members. I've never reported anyone because they disagree with me on an issue.

dcolton
Banned
Mar 22, 2004, 04:22 PM

Nice. I see you forgot your earlier posts, prior to your idiotic question, which is nothing less than an inference.

And I quote, for a second time:
Doesn't mean I am inferring that you are a terrorist. All it means is exactly what it says. and I write, for the second time.

Instead of blasting me for my misinterpreted quote, maybe you should take some repsonsibility for your horrifically insensitive quote. Here is YOUR extremely ominous quote in case your forgot...

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2004, 04:28 PM

Doesn't mean I am inferring that you are a terrorist. All it means is exactly what it says. and I write, for the second time.
Instead of blasting me for my misinterpreted quote, maybe you should take some repsonsibility for your horrifically insensitive quote. Here is YOUR extremely ominous quote in case your forgot...
There is nothing ominous or insensitive about what I said, it was accurate.

But whatever, it's obvious that you do not want to take responsibility for what you said neither are you man enough to apologise. Fine. Noted. Good bye.

dcolton
Banned
Mar 22, 2004, 04:30 PM

no, I will report people for abusing other members. I've never reported anyone because they disagree with me on an issue.
I refuse to be bullied and threatened by you. Mind your own business.

Kitty,

I don't think you are a terrorist nor did I mean to imply that you are one. I apologize if you misunderstood me, but I do not apologize for the post.

Lerkfish
Mar 22, 2004, 04:33 PM

I refuse to be bullied and threatened by you. Mind your own business.
LOL! YOU attack people but I'm the bully....great. goodbye, dude, have a good life, separate from mine.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by sanity assassin:
Typical Israel, another example of state terrorism by them. Now, I wonder who the spiritual leaders of Israeli settlers are? I wonder how Israel would feel about those Israeli leaders who tell the illegal setlers to go around killing Palestininans for trying to get the settlers out of the land they are illegally on?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3556099.stm
The Homicide bombings are not an example of terrorism by Hamas and the other organizations? He is responsible for thousands or Murder of INNOCENT Israeli people yet you criticize when Israel got rid of a scumbag who is the head of one this terrorist organization? Maybe we should all try to get along even though THEY HATE US!
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

macvillage.net
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 06:13 PM

What other are you talking about?

And I'm being completely honest with myself. I want both sides to stop, and I don't want either side to do something that will incite yet another attack.

That's why I would support what macvillage brought up but you pro-Israelis completely ignore. Why do you ignore it? I'll tell you. You ignore it because that would treat both as equals.
The difference between you and Zimphire is called hatred.

Zimphire hates anyone who isn't Jewish or Christian. Read through his 10,000+ posts and you will see this hundreds of times. Same with several others you see polking around.

Problem with the world, is there are two many in power that have this level of hatred based on religion. Sharon, Arafat, Bush... they all hate different groups, but they all share in common a hatred of "others".

Again, it's mostly the leaders, not the people who are the problem. Leaders with hatred, who use all military assets at their disposal to show it.

You have smaller harmless hatred, like Zimphire, who just sit behind their computer, capable of no harm, because they have no followers.

Put Zimphire in a political office, and you have genoicide.

Then those being persecuted, look for those who have hatred to counter, and put them in office. Then begins cyclical killing.

Remove Zimphire, and his equal foe, and you just have people.

Your right, it's about the refusal for equality. During the civil rights arguments, many argued that civil rights wouldn't work and pointed to protests being assaulted as reason for segregation. They look at the problem, and say it's also the solution. Rather than the fact that the lack of equality being the actual problem.

Read this thread, and it's very evident, it's not about the people, it's about biggotry and politics.

I'll even register to vote if we have a presidential candidate that promises to go to the UN within the first 100 days in office, and demand an international coallition for regime change.

Until it happens, there is 0% chance on change. So why not do it already? There's no downside. If you weight the pro's and cons, you will see there isn't 1 con to not invading and performing a regime change. In fact, there's a rather large list of pro's.

But then again, until Israel discover's large sums of oil... who cares?

Lerkfish
Mar 22, 2004, 06:19 PM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:
I understand the point you're trying to make, but this is an unfair characterization.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 06:22 PM

I'm sorry, but that strikes me as an incredibly short sighted idea. Lets solve a violent crisis by putting in more soldiers. And oh, by the way, most them are American soldiers, and terrorists love Americans. And of course, the Israelis love the UN. And the UN has such a fine track record of effective and impartial mediation in this crisis...

Maybe a better solution would be to foster reconciliation rather than separation.

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 06:38 PM

I'm sorry, but that strikes me as an incredibly short sighted idea. Lets solve a violent crisis by putting in more soldiers. And oh, by the way, most them are American soldiers, and terrorists love Americans. And of course, the Israelis love the UN. And the UN has such a fine track record of effective and impartial mediation in this crisis...

Maybe a better solution would be to foster reconciliation rather than separation.
Look at the vetoes for everything that has been tried and you might start to see why America is dragged into this every time.

And perhaps it would actually make US soldiers a lot more popular to see them help Palestinians. Were US soldiers popular in Kuwait before the GWI? Not at all. If Palestinians and the rest of the Arab world would just once see the US do something for them instead of against them.

And it shouldn't matter if Israelis like the UN or if the Palestinians like Americans. It doesn't even have to be a mostly American military. But since they can't end it themselves I think we have the responsibility to end it for them. Go in there, restore the original borders, impose sanctions on the neighbors that won't sign a peace agreement, and keep UN forces between Israel and the newly created free Palestine until necessary.

The only reason people here are against this is because this would treat Israelis and Palestinians as equals. And that is something the pro-Israelis have never accepted. Please prove me wrong.

And what kind of reconciliation are you talking about?

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Mar 22, 2004, 06:41 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Sep 11, 2004 at 12:55 AM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
Mar 22, 2004, 06:43 PM

Originally posted by macvillage.net:
Zimphire hates anyone who isn't Jewish or Christian. Read through his 10,000+ posts and you will see this hundreds of times. Same with several others you see polking around.

Yes, please read them. You'll see I hate no one.

Stop being dishonest.

You have smaller harmless hatred, like Zimphire, who just sit behind their computer, capable of no harm, because they have no followers.

Even if I had followers I would do no harm. Not that I would ever want followers. Where are you coming up with this silliness?

Uh yeah, I am against the Death Penalty.. but genocide.., that's a different story!

I think we all can see who is the hateful one here,

Remove Zimphire, and his equal foe, and you just have people.

Me and who? Who is my equal foe?

Next time macvillege, lets try to be a bit more honest with ourselves ok?

This silliness doesn't add any credibility to your rants.

Enough.

Zimphire
Baninated
Mar 22, 2004, 06:43 PM

I understand the point you're trying to make, but this is an unfair characterization.
Well thank you Lerk for coming to my defense.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2004, 07:05 PM

Look at the vetoes for everything that has been tried and you might start to see why America is dragged into this every time.
What exactly has the UN tried? All I see is condemnation after condemnation for Israel's behavior and little to no recognition of its security issues.

And perhaps it would actually make US soldiers a lot more popular to see them help Palestinians. Were US soldiers popular in Kuwait before the GWI? Not at all. If Palestinians and the rest of the Arab world would just once see the US do something for them instead of against them.
This assumes that fundamentalists on both sides will just accept the UN solution. That's a risky assumption IMO. Besides, aren't US soldiers 'helping' the Iraqis right now by deposing an evil tyrant? Doesn't seem to have made them much more popular.

The only reason people here are against this is because this would treat Israelis and Palestinians as equals. And that is something the pro-Israelis have never accepted. Please prove me wrong.
I'm against it because I think it's unnecessary and could easily backfire. Get the two sides to respect each other and treat each other as equals, and peace will grow from there. I think it's untrue to suggest that pro-Israeli posters on this forum don't see Palestinians as equals.

lil'babykitten
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2004, 07:09 PM

Get the two sides to respect each other and treat each other as equals, and peace will grow from there.
Given how things are deteriorating rapidly, is such an approach even possible? How do you get both sides to treat each other equally when they are both bent on destroying one another?

I don't even think this is a case of one side being any worse than the other anymore. They are both behaving in an irrational, violent manner showing absolutely no wish to reach peace.

Zimphire
Baninated
Mar 22, 2004, 07:29 PM

No, one side wants peace.

eklipse
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2004, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
No, one side wants peace.
Evidence?

Forum Links
Forum Rules