Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Apple Wireless Mouse+Keyboard with DLink DBT-120

Apple Wireless Mouse+Keyboard with DLink DBT-120
andretan
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2004, 02:44 PM

Heya folks,
Is anyone out there experiencing any problems with their Apple wireless keyboard/mouse setup?

Am considering getting the DBT-120 Bluetooth adapter, but I've got a friend who says that after he updated either the firmware of the adapter or the firmware of the mouse/kb, he has experienced some disconnection problems?

-Anyone?

On another note:
I am currently using a Billionton Bluetooth adapter with my Apple Wireless keyboard and I sometimes experience a disconnection when I try use my T68i with my iBook via Bluetooth (Address Book, BluePhone Menu, etc)

-Why so?

Would appreciate all useful input.

Thanks,
Andre
mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
iBook R.I.P. 20 Nov 2002 - 2 Aug 2005
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

Dimitri
Jun 15, 2004, 03:27 PM

It's because Bluetooth dongles suck. I tried that Dlink adapter and it handled the Apple BT mouse fine but when I added the keyboard also, the mouse became laggy. I tried it on multiple G5's with multiple BT adapters and experienced the same thing everytime. (Tried it out in CompUSA since I though it might have been the iMac I was using that was the problem.)

I can't comment on how well internal BT performs, but I've avoided BT ever since. The MX700 combo works flawlessly.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 15, 2004, 06:03 PM

My G5 and D-Link BDT-120 works just fine with my Apple BT keyboard. Firmware/software updates and all. No connections problems whatsoever.

bradbissell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 15, 2004, 07:50 PM

I use my dlink, apple wireless mouse, and kb everyday at work. I've never had a problem with the combo. Great setup if you don't have bluetooth integrated with the computer.

Forum Links
Forum Rules